2014 raptor Won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jriems

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the site here. Bought a 2014 raptor 10 days ago. I went to start it this morning and it won’t kick all the way over. Seems that fuel isn’t reaching. Battery is good have full power inside and have Between a 1/4 to 1/2 tank of gas but can’t seem to figure out why it won’t start. From what I’ve read from previous posts this seems to be either a fuel pump issue or a fuse or relay. It’s parked on a mostly flat surface and gauge says I have 150 miles until empty. It was driving fine yesterday when I parked it at my house and hadn’t had an issue starting up prior. I am going to check fuses and also see if I can hear the pump kick on. I’ve also read it may be as simple as adding some more gas? Please if anyone can help me with this I’d appreciate it. I LOVE this truck but am not happy I’m already having an issue. I knew the previous owner of the truck and he said he never had this issue before or any issues. It’s a 2014 with 61k miles. It’s super clean and has a clean car fax. I wouldn’t have bought this truck if I hadn’t known it was meticulously maintained prior. Any help is appreciated!

ace75

Reaction score
I had that problem with my 2012. Check the underhood fuse, there’s a fuse relocation kit for it as well. The fuse is for the fuel pump.

D

Deleted member 17706

Hey guys, new to the site here. Bought a 2014 raptor 10 days ago. I went to start it this morning and it won’t kick all the way over. Seems that fuel isn’t reaching. Battery is good have full power inside and have Between a 1/4 to 1/2 tank of gas but can’t seem to figure out why it won’t start. From what I’ve read from previous posts this seems to be either a fuel pump issue or a fuse or relay. It’s parked on a mostly flat surface and gauge says I have 150 miles until empty. It was driving fine yesterday when I parked it at my house and hadn’t had an issue starting up prior. I am going to check fuses and also see if I can hear the pump kick on. I’ve also read it may be as simple as adding some more gas? Please if anyone can help me with this I’d appreciate it. I LOVE this truck but am not happy I’m already having an issue. I knew the previous owner of the truck and he said he never had this issue before or any issues. It’s a 2014 with 61k miles. It’s super clean and has a clean car fax. I wouldn’t have bought this truck if I hadn’t known it was meticulously maintained prior. Any help is appreciated!

My fuel pump went out earlier this year. Everything would turn on; however, it would never turn over.

Check to see if the fuse 27 is blown. If it is not blown, then you have a bad fuel pump.

I have not seen someone have a bad fuel pump and a blown fuse at the same time. So it should be one or the other. Regardless, you need to do the fuse relay to make sure you have no future problems.

Sorry to hear that you have had a problem with only being a Raptor owner for 10 days! I have bought 3 Gen 1 Raptor's. I have only had two problems. One being the bad fuel pump and the other being my power steering went out as I was driving across Wyoming when it was -35 degrees. For the record, the power steering is a weak point on the truck, so keep that in mind.

You will enjoy the truck once it is fixed. The hassle is worth it :)

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man feel bad for ya to have trouble so soon! It is a machine they break. But once you fix the simple problem-enjoy the ride, gonna be fun. Welcome to the Raptor life and FRF!

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully it's a minor issue (fuse 27) and you're back on the road ASAP!

Either way, congrats on the purchase and welcome aboard!

OP
OP
Jriems

Jriems

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just want to say thanks for all of the help! I pulled fuse 27 and it was toast. Replaced it and it fired right up! I really appreciate the quick responses and I look forward to chatting with you all in the future!

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just want to say thanks for all of the help! I pulled fuse 27 and it was toast. Replaced it and it fired right up! I really appreciate the quick responses and I look forward to chatting with you all in the future!

Seeing these threads confirms to me that the fuse 27 fuel pump relocation mod is a must!
I did it in about an hour. Very simple and satisfaction that a no start situation won’t happen.