2014 Raptor Brake Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaribJoost

Reaction score
Dear all, my 2014 Raptor suddenly had a brake failure last week, the brake fluid light went on and the brake pedal went to the floor with no feedback. I had the dealership pick it up to check things out and did my home work on Google. Apparently this problem is know for the F150's with the 3.5 EcoBoost engines, however I didn't read anything about the 6.2L V8. Luckily I was able to stop the vehicle with the gear shifter and some free space. I do not want to think what could have happened with this heavy truck driven very sportively...
How to get confidence back after the dealer fixed this problem under warranty, luckily I had 3 weeks warranty left.... The truck has 24k miles on it and has always been serviced by Ford.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brake booster? Emergency brake is a separate system with cables and a little drum inside the rear discs, just for future reference it doesn't really help now heh, but might be some reassurance next time...

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah good point, I would have gently engaged the e brake ideally, but I'm an ex shifter cart road racer who has experienced brake loss under race condition, so I've had lots of practice.

Funny story tho: first time my brakes failed my first instinct after shaving off the speed was to reach back and slow the wheels BY HAND just before I crashed into the pits. My A star gloves saved me from losing any skin.

Sounds like you did good by engine braking, nice save.

Last edited: