2011 SuperCrew Raptor on it's way to NJ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dstrack

Reaction score
Ordered mine a bit over a month ago... Every option. We should get a better ETA sometime next week but expecting to take delivery 1st week of January. Super Excited!!! This thing is a BEAST!

The one thing we didn't order as the dealer told me we can do it aftermarket was a bed cover... any suggestions here? The truck is going to spend alot of its time outside as the garage bays are pretty full already. I'd like to protect the bed but don't want to worry about destroying it when hitting off-road. Is the bed already pretty protected? Do I really even need a cover?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the bed doesn't come with a liner if that's what you're asking...if you got the MAN STEP option then your tailgate will have a plastic liner over it. you looking for a bed liner or a tonneau cover?

OP
OP
D

dstrack

Reaction score
I think there was an option for a bed liner... which I believe we got. I was wondering if that's enough? Worth an actual hard cover as well? The hard covers I've used on other pickups have been great but those trucks weren't really off-road capable the way the Raptor is and I'd like to drive this thing where it was meant to drive. I just want to have maximum long term protection as typically bed liners still allow water underneath and long term can rot the bed... am I too paranoid?

OP
OP
D

dstrack

Reaction score
OP
OP
D

dstrack

Reaction score
Thanks for the info... I was actually thinking lining it as well as a cover... overkill?

I've had that BakFlip cover on my past trucks... probably go that route with the Raptor too if the lining doesn't seem to be enough protection. I plan on leaving the truck outside most of the time as the garage bays are full...