'10 Raptor in the UK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxc

Reaction score
Greetings - I'm in the UK and had my '10 5.4 for 6 months. I shipped it over myself, bought from a trader in Miami. It's previously had a front end hit and the repair alignment on the panels isn't the best, but good enough for the abuse I'm giving it. The transmission was also noisy, fixed with a torque converter rebuild (the box is virtually identical to a Range Rover so easy over here). At least it was cheap - I paid $24k with 75k miles. It has a CAI, full Magnaflow system, 5 Star tune (for our massively better fuel), R1 brakes, etc. I've added an additional device for European navigation plus did all the mods to the lights to get it registered here.

It has become my daily driver as I love it so much. It will get some use as a tow truck for my race cars - a '63 Galaxie 427 lightweight and a '55 Jaguar C-type. I previously ran an alcohol funny car and a top fuel bike on the drag strips, so like my toys! Off-roading is a bit different over here as access is pretty restricted so we tend to focus on the more technical aspects of getting stuck... I have old Land Rovers for that - one each of Series 1 (1951 80" with a V8, no roof or screen), Series 2 (1962 SWB) and Series 3 (1976 LWB ex-military).

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Nice collection you have. I imagine the width of the Raptor can be a little sketchy on some of those narrow roads.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
welcome. Pretty cool to see these trucks on the other side of the pond. Can please post pictures as many as you wish of all your toys and the truck, of course. did you have to convert it to right hand drive?

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interested in how complex this was? How did the inspection go? What taxes did you have to pay? How much is road tax/insurance on that beast?

OP
OP
M

maxc

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, enjoying the forum. The truck is staying left hand drive and is no real issue over here - I also have several other left hand drive vehicles so well used to it. It had to go through inspection, mainly focused on EU compliant lights and weight plate. We have to run separate turn lights, front side lights and a rear fog light. The worst part was having to pick up the brake light signal from the pedal switch and wire it to the back to avoid it flashing. I also ran the turn signals back from the front lights to avoid interference from the brakes, and picked up the power for the fog light from the headlamps with diodes to prevent feedback between hi/lo beams. Insurance is $500 per year and road tax is $200, so not bad.

I'm busy with the other cars - the Galaxie is now fully stripped to straighten/strengthen the chassis as the body mounts are tearing out! I plan to run it in the FIA Historic pre-66 championship later in the year, plus the Le Mans Classic. The C type will be out for Monaco, Le Mans, Goodwood Revival, plus a few fun meetings such as Angouleme.

For anyone into bikes, I have a few including this 1951 BSA Gold Star that I have nearly finished restoring. It was a factory team bike and finished second in the 1952 European 500 Championship, then won several UK and Dutch national championships. This will be carried in the back of the Raptor in due course. There is also a 1957 Manx Norton tucked away for when time allows...

Attachments

• Rap 2.jpg
    Rap 2.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 37
  • Gal 2.jpg
    Gal 2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 47
  • Goldie 1.jpg
    Goldie 1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Landy 1.jpg
    Landy 1.jpg