Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - Member's Area > Regional > Southeast
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Southeast

South Florida Raptors

This is a discussion on South Florida Raptors within the Southeast forums, part of the Regional category!
I'm in Brandon, FL near Tampa, and I am searching for a shop that can do some upgrades to my ...

User Tag List

Like Tree101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #371 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Looking for Performance/Suspension Shops in Florida
I'm in Brandon, FL near Tampa, and I am searching for a shop that can do some upgrades to my 2014 Raptor:

I'd like to start out with suspension (Deaver's, progressive springs, bump stops, shocks) and someday a Roush SC. I'd prefer to have a certified shop that can warranty the Roush.

So far, I have not been able to find a local Roush Performance Shop. I'm willing to travel a good distance in the Southeast (e.g. Florida, Georgia, etc.)

Thanks for the help!

Skyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:44 PM   #372 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I know of no good shops in Florida for a Raptor. There are plenty of "4WD" shops, but none that I would bring my Raptor to. Do it yourself, or come over here and we can do it together.
Skyfrog likes this.

2012 Tux Black, Loaded. Previous owner added Spray-in liner, bed cover, LED everything, AFE intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, mid-perch... other stuff I haven't found yet. Thank You whoever you are... I have added 37" Nitto tires, painted speaker grilles, Roush vacuum gauge for hubs.
whoisbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:02 PM   #373 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Crashking View Post
Is there an entrance or place people usually get into JWC? Or is it gated?

Recently moved down from Orlando. My usual riding spot was 5a/scottsmore/maytown is the many names one area had, but it officially got closed down after I've been riding out there for 14 years. Ocala once or twice, I had a grizzly 700 so it wasn't much fun sticking to the trails and avoiding mud. Have been to holopaw a few times, as well as Canaveral groves near 95 and the 528.

Currently residing in Delray Beach, working in West Palm Beach. Just picked up a Avalanche Gray 17 Raptor screw and have been itching to use it. Other than jumping over railroad tracks going to and from work.
There's a north entrance off beeline highway and a south entrance at seminole pratt whitney and stumpers grade. I've never seen either of these entrances closed.

I haven't been in a few months but I'd assume it's already pretty wet out there with the rainy season in full effect... you'll be confined to the main-grade unless you don't mind wading through a foot of water on all the trails.

Also... I'm living in Boynton at the moment and visit Delray pretty often.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Originally Posted by BeansGT View Post
Anyone wanna go play for a bit in the morning on Saturday 6/3/17 ?

Name a meet spot and we can all ride in together . I got a rope to pull with if anyone gets stuck .
Too bad I missed this but let me know about the next one... Should have a pretty open schedule this weekend if I don't run down to the keys.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Skyfrog View Post
I'm in Brandon, FL near Tampa, and I am searching for a shop that can do some upgrades to my 2014 Raptor:

I'd like to start out with suspension (Deaver's, progressive springs, bump stops, shocks) and someday a Roush SC. I'd prefer to have a certified shop that can warranty the Roush.

So far, I have not been able to find a local Roush Performance Shop. I'm willing to travel a good distance in the Southeast (e.g. Florida, Georgia, etc.)

Thanks for the help!
Gotta agree with @whoisbigman for the most part... but I've never had any issues with Tire Country in pompano... they've handled all my alignments, adjusted the perch setting, and recently added some SVC tie rods for me.

A freind just had a roush SC installed by DV8... I'm sure the work is quality but they also tend to want your first-born in exchange.
Skyfrog and Crashking like this.
MIAMIRAPTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:34 AM   #374 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by whoisbigman View Post
I know of no good shops in Florida for a Raptor. There are plenty of "4WD" shops, but none that I would bring my Raptor to. Do it yourself, or come over here and we can do it together.
I appreciate the offer as I would really like to learn how to work on my Raptor. Right now however I can't due to a back injury. Maybe after my surgery.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2017, 07:56 AM   #375 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)

Just remembered that I took these last week when I went for a cruise out of North PB County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crashking likes this.
MIAMIRAPTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:10 PM   #376 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

That same area today...
Attached Thumbnails
brazil_france_plane_crash.jpg  
MIAMIRAPTA likes this.

2012 Tux Black, Loaded. Previous owner added Spray-in liner, bed cover, LED everything, AFE intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, mid-perch... other stuff I haven't found yet. Thank You whoever you are... I have added 37" Nitto tires, painted speaker grilles, Roush vacuum gauge for hubs.
whoisbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:44 AM   #377 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by whoisbigman View Post
That same area today...
Yeah no kidding

Old 07-17-2017, 06:04 AM   #378 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Thanks for the help!
Well, not sure about warranty but VMP(Orlando-ish area) has some good reviews when it comes to install and tuning the Roush blower. That's the place I'll more than likely go to when I want to go FI.

Suspension work, not sure. Best would be DIY with some help. And then a good tire/alignment shop if you adjust the perch up front.
John813 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:46 PM   #379 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by John813 View Post
Well, not sure about warranty but VMP(Orlando-ish area) has some good reviews when it comes to install and tuning the Roush blower. That's the place I'll more than likely go to when I want to go FI.

Suspension work, not sure. Best would be DIY with some help. And then a good tire/alignment shop if you adjust the perch up front.
Thanks for the recommendation, I will look them up. The only place I came up with was Elder Ford in Tampa, but they had a terrible reputation in the past. I don't know about now.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #380 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Thanks for the recommendation, I will look them up. The only place I came up with was Elder Ford in Tampa, but they had a terrible reputation in the past. I don't know about now.
VMP Roush SC kit vs JDM Roush SC kit

Here's a thread from a Florida member about VMP.

They are big in the Mustang community, but have done a few Raptors.
John813 is online now   Reply With Quote