TSB 10-12-4 5.4L 3V and 6R80 transmission - Delalyed/harsh downshift above 40 mph.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FORD: 2009-2010 Expedition, F-150
LINCOLN: 2009-2010 Navigator

ISSUE:
Some 2009-2010 Expedition and Navigator vehicles built on or before 5/1/2010 and 2009-2010 F-150 vehicles built on or before 2/1/2010 and equipped with 5.4L 3V engine and 6R80 transmission may exhibit a delayed then harsh downshift during a commanded downshift at speeds above 40 MPH (64 Km/h).

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition.

The service procedure basically is a reprogram of the TCM.

FSM

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're welcome xjr........seems someone here cut and pasted this to the "other" site..........oh well.

FSM

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks once again FSM! Mine did this a couple of times but seems to have fixed itself. If it happens again, I know there's an official fix!

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is AWESOME!! i get it every now and then...but havent heard it for a while, so like Mark, my tranny probably fixed itself.

Bedouin

Reaction score
I too had an extremely hard downshift on my truck, took it down to the Ford Dealership here in Dubai, and they found updates for my ECM, and TCM.. took around 2 1/2 hours, and its been driving a looot better !

dbmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine done this week. better reaction of the accelerator and better off the line.

Still 4+ seconds to find a gear @ 40mph

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting this done on Wednesday at my dealer.

I called up and they asked me if I got this information from the Internet. They said they wouldn't do it if I got the TSB info off the web.

I told them I called SVT and they gave me the info and to bring it in to my dealer to get it resolved.

Couldn't believe they would flat out deny getting this done if I "read about it on the internet"

Wouldn't even give me a loaner vehicle.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting this done on Wednesday at my dealer.

I called up and they asked me if I got this information from the Internet. They said they wouldn't do it if I got the TSB info off the web.

I told them I called SVT and they gave me the info and to bring it in to my dealer to get it resolved.

Couldn't believe they would flat out deny getting this done if I "read about it on the internet"

Wouldn't even give me a loaner vehicle.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealers don't want to do TSBs just because people find out about them on the internet or from friends. And I'm sure this is driven by the manufacturers. The "trick" is to go to your dealer and tell them about the problem you're having (and of course you describe it just like it's described in the TSB). The dealership's service department will write you up, take your truck and look for any TSBs and, viola! There it is - look, a TSB that addresses that exact problem :mrgreen: Funny how that works.