IWE inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I'm getting the clicking in 4WD so I pulled one of the IWE's out. The gears look fine to me. Thoughts? Haven't looked at the other side yet.

(I'll have to post pic from my phone)

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Pic

Attachments

• IMG_20150513_184137_832.jpg
    IMG_20150513_184137_832.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 165
OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I think you need to pull it right out and clean it, then you might see cracks in the plastic. Maybe you have a vacuum leak?

Problem is I can't get the freaking shaft out of the hole. Can't push it baxk far enough. Think I'm gonna have to take off brake line and wheel speed sensor line.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Madcow, there's a thread somewhere on how to do this, I'm not your guy for that, lol. I remember seeing them pull the iwe right out and if you do that you may as well just change them anyway :). Im sure more experts will chime in.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Madcow, there's a thread somewhere on how to do this, I'm not your guy for that, lol. I remember seeing them pull the iwe right out and if you do that you may as well just change them anyway :). Im sure more experts will chime in.

Be a good boy and find that thread for me, mkay?

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Another queastion... To replace wheel bearings you have to buy a new hub assy, correct?

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easiest way is to split the tie rod and upper control are from the knuckle. Then you should be able to pull the drive shaft then.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Take the Three bolts out and pull the iwe out. Should be obvious if the plastic is cracked.