First service appointment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the beast is going in for her first check up, later this week. Is there anything special I should ask for? Would you go with synthetic oil? TSB's? Etc?

fyi, she was built in March and was one of the first to be fitted with the new drive shaft.

Thanks in advance, TheJoker

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The advisor will automatically look up and perform any current recalls, TSB's not so much unless you complain of a condition matching the TSB. If the dealer uses the 5-20w motorcraft (like they should, unless you state otherwise...) it is a semi synthetic oil, and is a good oil. With 10,000 miles on the clock, I just switched mine to Schaeffer's synthetic engine oil. It's pretty much up to you when or if you want to go "fully" synthetic, or just stick with the fine motorcraft 5-20w.

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the 20 service service plan. I'm on 20,000 since july of last year. Every 5000 for me.

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The advisor will automatically look up and perform any current recalls, TSB's not so much unless you complain of a condition matching the TSB. If the dealer uses the 5-20w motorcraft (like they should, unless you state otherwise...) it is a semi synthetic oil, and is a good oil. With 10,000 miles on the clock, I just switched mine to Schaeffer's synthetic engine oil. It's pretty much up to you when or if you want to go "fully" synthetic, or just stick with the fine motorcraft 5-20w.
Thanks pirate, I really appreciate your input.

First checkup!? I'm half way through my third oil change!
Half way through? Dumping the used oil out back should be your next step. lol!

I got the 20 service service plan. I'm on 20,000 since july of last year. Every 5000 for me.
I thought about buying the maintenance plan but wasn't sure if it was worth the $. I got the 7yr/100,000 ESP for $1500 and happy with that.

Thanks Guys, TheJoker