Backup Cam and Sensors ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badazzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 has navigation but not the backup cam or sensors. I would have thought that would be all one option but I guess not. Question is can the cam and senors be added easily?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe it can be done, but it would be very expensive. You're best bet would be to go with aftermarket cameras and sensors. I have the factory backup camera but added the front camera, and washer jet, in my 2011. With the camera, you really don't need the sensors.

OP
OP
Badazzraptor

Badazzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I can get my hands on an oem camera and the wire that runs from the tailgate to the nav unit at a great price. I guess what I need to know is how simple or complicated it is to connect to the nav unit. Is it a plug and play or is there a lot more to it?

Gilligan

Reaction score
Have you looked into one of those rear view replacements that include a back up cam?

OP
OP
Badazzraptor

Badazzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. I was hoping if I added the oem stock cam in the tailgate emblem it would be a plug and play on the nav side.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it is. I believe it's in the coding for each vehicle. meaning that the dealer would have to get in there and mess with it. there has been thread on this subject in the past.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Here you go: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/rear-oem-camera-install-programming-17089/

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

You can also use the LockPick or NavTv to add factory/aftermarket cameras.

OP
OP
Badazzraptor

Badazzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Lockpick is the way to go. A lot of bonus options going that route. Being able to have the wife enter addresses while on the move would be awesome. That's definitely something that bugs her over using the Tomtom. A little pricey but oh well.