Randy, can you get nav updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just want to update my findings. I have spoke to several Ford Customer Relations people (the Navigation department to be specific). Each one has given me different information. One guy told me that the v4.1 and the v5.1 were the same for the 2012... The v5.1 is only an update for the 2010 and 2011. However, I called Navteq (Ford's navigation software provider) and they confirmed that v4.1 and v5.1 are separate.

The other Ford person told me that I could possibly get the update as long as I was having issues with the system, which I am... My issue is that the navigation will tell me to bear right or left, but the map will show the opposite direction. Same goes for turns. This seems to happen in the same area. Unfortunately, I cannot recall which specific areas at the moment.

With this information, I have contacted my dealer. Only to find myself getting the circle jerk (as expected).

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a 2012 owner I'm pretty interested in the results here. I need to go see what version I'm on.

I have to say I have been pretty irritated with Nav/Sync lady lately. I can never get her to find anything other than an exact street address - which I usually have to lookup on my phone first!!

You'd think there would be a way to simply navigate to a city or GPS coordinate, but I haven't found it - at least not via voice commands.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As an early 2012 owner, I find it ridiculous that Ford did not include the update when it was released for purchase only a couple months after the release of the 2012 model year.

It is also disappointing that their representatives are giving out incorrect information.

I have PM'ed Randy and he has replied to me stating that I must get the update done through my warranty dealer. If you are having issues, I suggest you contact your dealer and notify them of your issues. Ask if you can get the upgrade. If not, ask why not...

I am trying to get my dealer to update it for me. I will keep you all updated.

BTW - I would like to that Randy for answering my questions and his exceptional concern for us fellow Raptor Forum members.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also contacted Ford several times and they just kept wanting to separate themselves from nav people. they claimed the vehicles are built way before nav updates. I bursted her bubble when I gave her my born date of my Raptor which was in late March. I also tried to throw out that 7 days after my rap was delivered we traded in the wives escape for a 12 escape so we actually need 2 nav updates. They still aren't willing to give us the updates!

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have also contacted Ford several times and they just kept wanting to separate themselves from nav people. they claimed the vehicles are built way before nav updates. I bursted her bubble when I gave her my born date of my Raptor which was in late March. I also tried to throw out that 7 days after my rap was delivered we traded in the wives escape for a 12 escape so we actually need 2 nav updates. They still aren't willing to give us the updates!

That's disappointing to hear. Seems like Ford isn't trying to keep their customers loyal.

toadman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told again today by my dealer that there is no update for the nav., only the my ford touch.
I'm not sure if he's looking in the right place.

toadman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting find. If you got to the nav site listed above, and enter your product as an f-150, 2012 model year, it says.." Our records indicate you have the most recent map update for your vehicle. Please check back soon for a map update product."

maybe the 4.1x and 5.1x are basically the same. the update section list a 3.1 update, and the 5.1 update. there is no mention of a 4.1.

Who knows??? the smoke ring is just getting larger.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's wrong. I confirmed this with navteq. Also, why would they call v5.1 v4.1? It's just not logical