Randy, can you get nav updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Randy,

I figured I'd make a thread instead of PM'ing you because I know that there are a quite a few 2012 owners with Nav.

Needless to say, I don't think any of them are pleased that Ford released a Nav update almost immediately after receiving our brand new trucks.

Anyways, I don't mean to bitch and moan to you... just a little disappointed at Ford for doing this to its customers.

So, I was wondering if you are able to get the navigation update for a better price than the BS $200 that should have already came with our brand new trucks?

Thanks in advance

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Randy,

I figured I'd make a thread instead of PM'ing you because I know that there are a quite a few 2012 owners with Nav.

Needless to say, I don't think any of them are pleased that Ford released a Nav update almost immediately after receiving our brand new trucks.

Anyways, I don't mean to bitch and moan to you... just a little disappointed at Ford for doing this to its customers.

So, I was wondering if you are able to get the navigation update for a better price than the BS $200 that should have already came with our brand new trucks?

Thanks in advance

Not sure where you are getting a $200 charge from. If the Nav requires an update, it should be covered under your 3/36 warr.

But I will do some checking??

randy

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you are getting a $200 charge from. If the Nav requires an update, it should be covered under your 3/36 warr.

But I will do some checking??

randy

Like many owners on here, I too recently received a letter in the mail "selling" the updates for around $200. That being said, I'm glad you're the first to mention warranty, because I assumed the updates to any Nav equipped raptor, would be covered under this. For a vehicle that costs $50k and up... this seems like a no-brainer inclusion.

I mean, what do they expect us to do... buy our Stage 4 upgrades AND the nav update... jeesh!! :flipthebird::ROFLJest:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did not get a letter. His do I know I'd I have the most up to date nav? I think i have 4.1x

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I would be interested in this as well. We have a '12 escape and my raptor so 400$ seems pretty ****** to update them both!

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Its my understanding that most warranties do not cover Nav updates... Never had a vehicle that comes with them free, there have always been fees associated with upgrades. I will be surprised if this is the case here.