Need Trade Advice!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fish_scales

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure how to post them bigger because of the size limit

here are a few pics after washing today! she cleaned up well from shipping.

installing a bedrug and bakflip in the morning, tint on friday, and maybe an 8" sub and amp next week, mid perch soon as well.

nosbusa any advice on the jl 8" micro sub or phoenix gold 8"?

Attachments

• rap1.JPG
    rap1.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 65
  • rap2.jpg
    rap2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 68
  • rap3.jpg
    rap3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 57

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have not had much experience with the new phoenix gold woofers yet, however i decided to pick up the line from my rep. but you can never go wrong with jl audio. are you trying to go in the oem box? you will definitely need a new amp for it though. the oem amp does not have the power to drive it

OP
OP
F

fish_scales

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely be putting an amp.
I'm going to put it in the micro sub box by Jl audio which should fit in place of the factory box.
Supposedly Phoenix gold is coming out with the micro sub box as well.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Sorry about the trade, but these trucks make everything better!! Haha

Saber22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So guys....I am going to "raise my hand" for some advice... I ordered a 2013 SCREW about two weeks ago for invoice (about $51,100...801A, moonroof, all graphics, camera, bed extender). Expected delivery is March...so...came across the same truck sitting at a lot within a few hours of me...has two more options than my order (tailgate step, spray-in bed liner), and the MSRP is $56,340. I asked for "best price", and they came back with $53,000...then I asked about accepting my trade...said they want my car, their initial book research says $44,000, which is at least $3k less than what several other references (kelly, edmunds, NADA, USAA) state for trade. They are going to do more research, and get back to me Monday. I'm afraid they are going to come back with the same....or similar....ridiculously low value for my trade. I don't get it!! This entire "vehicle valuation thing" is all over the place!! I do all the research, and my numbers still never match the dealers. So...either i suck it up, avoid the hassle of private sale and go for it...or ....advertise, try to sell privately (fun, fun, fun), and wait for my ordered truck. Thoughts???

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So guys....I am going to "raise my hand" for some advice... I ordered a 2013 SCREW about two weeks ago for invoice (about $51,100...801A, moonroof, all graphics, camera, bed extender). Expected delivery is March...so...came across the same truck sitting at a lot within a few hours of me...has two more options than my order (tailgate step, spray-in bed liner), and the MSRP is $56,340. I asked for "best price", and they came back with $53,000...then I asked about accepting my trade...said they want my car, their initial book research says $44,000, which is at least $3k less than what several other references (kelly, edmunds, NADA, USAA) state for trade. They are going to do more research, and get back to me Monday. I'm afraid they are going to come back with the same....or similar....ridiculously low value for my trade. I don't get it!! This entire "vehicle valuation thing" is all over the place!! I do all the research, and my numbers still never match the dealers. So...either i suck it up, avoid the hassle of private sale and go for it...or ....advertise, try to sell privately (fun, fun, fun), and wait for my ordered truck. Thoughts???

My #1 thought on this would be what are you getting offered from your dealership where you ordered? That was one thing I spoke about upfront before I even made my order. I wanted a projected price to get when my order would come in, so I wasn't shocked by a crappy trade value. Depending on the difference on the trades, and obviously the 2k dif on the trucks, that's what you need to look at and think about. Not to mention, an extra 2k is a huge difference when it only adds tailgate step and bed liner! If they say they really want your trade, make them pay for it. It's all a numbers game. If they don't budge on the trade too much, talk them down on the price of the Raptor, they have more wiggle room at that price. Good luck!

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fish - I'm running into the same issue. To trade in or not to trade in. I've got a '10 that is in excellent condition with 15k miles on it. The offer I got was a bit higher than yours but still not great. I quoted estimated values from NADA and KBB, the dealer shot back at me with Black Book (like Busa mentioned earlier). Regardless, NADA and KBB are super high in their estimates and Black Book seems to be low. Obviously dealers need to make $$$ to stay in business. I just ordered my '13 this weekend. So I've got 4 to 6 months to sell it for more than the trade in or just wait til it shows up and trade it in.

It never hurts to try but there is something to be said for instant gratification and just being done with it so you can enjoy the new one!

OP
OP
F

fish_scales

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fish - I'm running into the same issue. To trade in or not to trade in. I've got a '10 that is in excellent condition with 15k miles on it. The offer I got was a bit higher than yours but still not great. I quoted estimated values from NADA and KBB, the dealer shot back at me with Black Book (like Busa mentioned earlier). Regardless, NADA and KBB are super high in their estimates and Black Book seems to be low. Obviously dealers need to make $$$ to stay in business. I just ordered my '13 this weekend. So I've got 4 to 6 months to sell it for more than the trade in or just wait til it shows up and trade it in.

It never hurts to try but there is something to be said for instant gratification and just being done with it so you can enjoy the new one!

Something i think that maybe could of helped was getting an estimated appraisal before i ordered the new vehicle. Maybe then i could of shopped around a bit to see who would of given me the best estimated amount and then ordered from them.

I failed to try and find somebody to purchase my vehicle like you are doing which might be good for u. I didn't look because i thought i would get KBB or similar pricing. If you do find a buyer you can get the dealer to do a "courtesy trade" so you can save on taxes of whatever you sell your old truck for.

Given said all of this, I havent once looked at my new Raptor and get upset that i didnt get close to what i thought i should of for my trade. hahaha

Good luck, i think youll be happy with whatever decision you make.