Feel like the dealer "GOT" me on Frt view Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanpowell167

Reaction score
I am a tech at a ford dealership, attempted this once with a vehicle that was supposed to have a camera, after learning parts would be over 3 grand, I contacted ford hotline, I was told it is activated by inputs from the APIM module, and that the camera can only be installed and function at the factory level, aka not possible at the dealer level to install the front camera and have it function

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its been a while since the OP started this thread, any resolution yet?
I would ask what you think the front camera will do you may just say give me a 7/100k warranty for the trouble. The front camera will only work in offroad mode is a PITA to make it work and is not really usable in daily driving. You may prefer a lock pick type use the money you would pay for a warranty if you have not already and pick this as a preferable route. I have read here somewhere you have to change the front camera to an aftermarket to make the lockpick work anytime you want, like when parking to see over the front bumper. I would ask the dealer for help rather than scream for help. Usually the squeeky wheel gets oiled but most dealers seem to have the attitude if you dont want to work with us then F off..... Just my opinion.... PS I do not have a lock pick at least yet but will have one....