2013 Ford Max Tow Mirror for Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since summer is nearing, I have been finding myself towing more and more often. All of you that tow know that the Raptor's large wheel flares make it tougher to spot your trailer (especially if it's a narrow one). I was wondering if anyone has been able to install the new 2013 max tow mirrors on their Raptor and be able to utilize all of its features such as heat, power fold, memory and telescoping?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering about this as well, but for my Dad's FX4. He mentioned wanting the larger mirrors, too. I'm sure it's been done on F-150.net or whatever sites out there.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering about this as well, but for my Dad's FX4. He mentioned wanting the larger mirrors, too. I'm sure it's been done on F-150.net or whatever sites out there.

Well I'll be sure to continue doing my research then! I'll report back if I find anything. I know that the max tow mirrors that are manual telescoping and manual fold, but heated CAN be done on 2012 or older. Maybe your dad can live with the manual one?

However, the power everything tow mirrors require another button for the telescoping feature so I am unsure whether those can be retrofitted into a 2012 or older. I also noticed that the power everything tow mirror has puddle lights and blinkers (not 100% sure if it's a blinker or reflector), while the manual fold, manual telescoping, and heat tow mirror does not have the lights and blinkers.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i recall a picture of a raptor with them on it... i don't remember whose it was...

if you get the NavTv from Busa you can always have the rear camera on to see lol

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tow mirrors make you look tough!!!!

I think they look ugly but I think it'd be nice to have when towing.

I think i recall a picture of a raptor with them on it... i don't remember whose it was...

if you get the NavTv from Busa you can always have the rear camera on to see lol

I think you're thinking of the same one I'm thinking. It was a molten orange raptor, right? I believe he had the older model mirrors with no power telescoping feature.

I was going to get a cam override system from Busa but I was not able to get the money. I've saved up a couple hundred for now and was going to get tow mirrors then the NavTV kit, but I needa get a new ******* bumper now.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they look ugly but I think it'd be nice to have when towing.

I think you're thinking of the same one I'm thinking. It was a molten orange raptor, right? I believe he had the older model mirrors with no power telescoping feature.

I was going to get a cam override system from Busa but I was not able to get the money. I've saved up a couple hundred for now and was going to get tow mirrors then the NavTV kit, but I needa get a new ******* bumper now.

yeah i think your correct. Im not sure anyone has put the "full functioning" tow mirrors on yet.

the nav tv thing was more of a joke than anything lol. i actually did use it to watch my trailer about a week again. i have a small little trailer i use for the motorcycle, the thing is so small i cant even see it behind me, not even the ramp. If i used it more i would put whips on each side so i could tell where it is.

Dkyle1220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get then as an option on your raptor, I also pretty sure you can take it to the dealership and have them installed. It's doesn't look bad IMO.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get then as an option on your raptor, I also pretty sure you can take it to the dealership and have them installed. It's doesn't look bad IMO.

Yeah im not sure you can get the mirrors as an option. I dont see them if i were to build one on fords website

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has been able to install the new 2013 max tow mirrors on their Raptor ?

It would be nice but I think they are ugly and it would make parking my truck under its protected parking cover even more of a challange. I use the existing mirror as a feeler gauge while backing in. Only time I have hit anything was pulling in to the are so the ass end clears my gate across my driveway. I smacked the front right corner on a pole and the clamp bolts. ERrrrr.

BDRAG

RAPTORFOLDER004.jpg

RAPTORFOLDER005.jpg