2013 available, should I go for it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearii

Reaction score
Hi All,
Newbie here so your patience is appreciated. I've been in love with the Raptor look ever since it came out but I'm really still pretty new in my learning about them and could use your help and advice on a possible purchase. I found a blue 2013 Raptor that, according to the dealer, is as loaded as they can come from the factory. I can pick it up about $3,000 under invoice.

So, my questions are:
1. Are there some compelling changes to the 2014 that I should consider instead? If you were buying one today would you wait for a 2014?
2. What options do you consider a must have that I should look for?
3. Is that price discount reasonable compared to deals you've seen or heard about? I realize I'm buying a truck that when it leaves the lot will already have a year's depreciation built in. At the same time I see other dealers listing trucks over invoice.
4. What other advice do you have for a newbie that I should keep in mind when buying a new Raptor?

Thanks in advance for your help. I can already tell from my poking around the other threads here that there are lots of great folks on this forum with some excellent input. Looking forward to being a part of Raptor family!

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3k under invoice for a new 2013? Take it. Best you'll do on a 14 is invoice IF you order it. And then you'll have to wait till June. No mechanical differences between 13 and 14. Jump on that deal and have your truck now

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

If you're talking under MSRP and not under invoice, I would order a 14 at invoice

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes....otherwise you will be in the 2014 thread constantly asking Blood for updates and bitching about the wait like the rest of us. If I was offered a 2013 for $3k under sticker I would have jumped on it.

D

Deleted member 12951

You need to confirm that it is actually $3k under invoice and do your own research. Something doesn't sound right. Best advice, don't trust dealers.

Sent using Tapatalk

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3000 under invoice they would be losing money on that thing. Only 1500 or so on hold back that would put them 1500 in the hole.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, what others have said. I don't believe the "$3k under invoice." Dealers arent in buiz to lose money.