Are you going to upgrade to a Gen 2?

Will you be upgrading to a Gen 2?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Boss Hoss

Loving your Avatar!!!

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
V6 twin turbos have been around since the early 90's in Supras, rx7's, 300z's, they stopped making them cause they said it cost to much to make, now apparently it's cost effective, i'm confused??

Any given technology gets cheaper as time goes on... materials get better, manufacturing processes become more efficient, economies of scale etc. I remember the first plasma TV I ever saw for sale, it was probably a 40" screen and cost $35,000!

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope Gen 2 is ugly. And, I have had turbo cars before and will never buy another one. SO.... Double Nope...

Weight loss?? Coming out of lighter cars.. quickest way to loose weight in a car is for the driver to go on a diet. So 500lb lighter is not even a selling point for me..

It just doesn't appeal to me on any level.

GEN 1 now that speaks to me and will keep doing so long after Gen 2 is out.

Point an case. I have a 2006 STS-V and the new CTS-V LSA cars are better in every way. Faster, Gas, handling Etc. I still have my 06 STS-V. I have a 2011 corvette GS vert. The new Vette is out and yep you guessed it. It looks slammin and out performs my 2011. But I'll be keeping my 2011 cause I like it. No need to upgrade just to do it.
I aint gonna lie though the Z06 with the Z07 package is tempting but there is a waiting list for those and will be for a couple of years so Im safe for a while.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have friends in auto manufacturing management and they all say absolutely never buy first year of a new vehicle no matter what.

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not in raptors gen 1 case rob. Its the same as a 12th gen f150 nothing special about raptors.
However gen 2 the 4x4 will be even worse than gen 1.... Imagine how much i spent on a aftermarket 4x4. Youre gonna have to spend 3 times as much to fix all the clusterf*ck ford did with their new system. And yes same iwe still , noone at ford listended