Yes, you can get a Raptor stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad company

Reaction score
Silver Lake Sand dunes is a great place to take your Raptor.

Story:
The first time I crested the test dune, I was overly concerned about getting stuck, so I carried a bit too much speed over the top. I was going about 20MPH over the top and got a little airborne, which resulted in me planting the front in the sand upon landing, and the obligatory bent skidplate :shocked:

So.. the next time around I under did it, and the attached picture is the result. Once I got the hang of carrying just the right amout of speed to rock over the top on the skid plates without going airborne, it was all good.

A few folks mentioned that the wind was making the peaks pretty severe. Some nice guys in a Jeep pulled me out. What a freaking BLAST!

Cost? $42 for installed flag, $16.50 for annual off road vehicle permit, and $8 dollar Michigan State Parks day pass.

Passing four racing quads at 75 MPH... priceless. :waytogo:

Attachments

• IMAG0082.jpg
    IMAG0082.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Was just there 2 weeks ago, what a blast. It rained pretty hard so we had some really BIG puddles to splash through.
Great time, just wish it wasn't so far. 3.5 hr drive for me but well worth it for a weekend.

OP
OP
Bad company

Bad company

Reaction score
Silver Lake is awesome. The first big hill is pretty intimidating, especially when the Jeeps (stock) can't make the climb.

Attachments

• IMAG0080.jpg
    IMAG0080.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0077.jpg
    IMAG0077.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 82

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a great time! Just think, now that you have your ORV sticker you won't need to buy another one for Drummond Island, Mounds, St. Helen areas.

Got picks of your flag attachment?

OP
OP
Bad company

Bad company

Reaction score
The flag attachment is just a straight bracket with a U bolt that clamps on the tow bracket on the bumper. See attached. The whole thing plus the cushion sleeve cost $42.

Well worth it.

Attachments

• IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 56

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The flag attachment is just a straight bracket with a U bolt that clamps on the tow bracket on the bumper. See attached. The whole thing plus the cushion sleeve cost $42.

Well worth it.

I thought that was how it went on. I have been toying with the idea of building a light bar soon. Might add a flag attachment point. Need a flag at Rocks and Valleys anyway.

Oh, and I forgot the share the saying I use with a lot of the newer 4x4ers to some of the club / associations I belong to..

"If you ain't stuck, every once in a while, you ain't trying, and you ain't learning."