Yes, the running boards are a safety device!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was driving down the highway a few days ago and ran over something (still not sure what, didn't see it in the road) that was hard enough to rock the entire truck and punch a hole through the running board which sent sharp metal shrapnel through the door!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=63388&stc=1&d=1429966674

I hate to think whatever that was tearing through the door or floorboard! In any event, replacement cost for one running board through the dealer up here is over $2200(!!!)...so I'm thinking about getting a set of Amp Research PowerSteps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 352

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy hell I can't even imagine what you hit to go through the running board and debt the shit out of your door. Must have sounded like insane

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was probably somebody digging there way up from China, they always looking for ways to immigrate here, was shovel you ran over, lol

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was driving down the highway a few days ago and ran over something (still not sure what, didn't see it in the road) that was hard enough to rock the entire truck and punch a hole through the running board which sent sharp metal shrapnel through the door!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=63388&stc=1&d=1429966674

I hate to think whatever that was tearing through the door or floorboard! In any event, replacement cost for one running board through the dealer up here is over $2200(!!!)...so I'm thinking about getting a set of Amp Research PowerSteps.
Check out the steps from Rockslide Engineering.

Yukon Joe