Wrecked Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dream of finding a Gen 1 in Tuxedo Black with my wheels that's totaled in the front but perfect out back for cheap. I want the frame, suspension and bed to make a trailer that matches my truck. Totally useless with a 5' nothing bed length but it would be sick for a race/support trailer or a pop up camper. Set it up with a military style pintle loop that swivels for maximum articulation. If you had a chase rack in your bed this would still let you carry lots of gear and it would look pretty cool IMO. Probably be a $30K trailer when all is said and done. Like I said, dreaming...

notnks

Reaction score
RIP Lanore

Lanore, My 2013 Roush Raptor gave up the ghost last night. RIP. You will be missed!

Attachments

• IMG_7226.jpg
    IMG_7226.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_7232.jpg
    IMG_7232.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 101

notnks

Reaction score
How did your Raptor catch on fire, @notnks?

I’m not real sure, shortly after I left the gas station something made an extremely loud pop noise under Lanore like a hose blowing, and she started bucking and acting like the transmission broke. I coasted down down the hill to the first intersection and pulled up by the building. That is when I saw smoke coming from under the hood. So I popped the hood and there was a fire under the master cylinder. I threw some water on it and put it out. I call my daughter to have her meet me at the Ford dealer, I was planning on getting a wrecker, when I noticed smoke coming out of the air conditioning vents and that was the beginning of the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

And we make fun of HPE. Hope everyone is alright, what the hell happened???

Luckily! I was the only one in the truck. As fast as she went up in flames, I can see how somebody could get hurt bad in a car fire!From the time I stopped to the time that it was fully engulfed in flames was only a matter of maybe 2 to 3 minutes.

Last edited:

notnks

Reaction score
I figured out what caused my truck to go up in flames... the fuel line blew apart and pumped gas all over the engine and into the insulation on the firewall. (In the picture you can see the hose clamp melted into the valve cover)IMG_7349.jpg

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait... WTF is going on there?

You had hose clamps on your fuel line? The same fuel line that separated and burned down a S/C Rousch Raptor?

I can g-u-a-r-****-intee Ford did not use those ****** clamps. Whoever modified your fuel system is responsible for that 100%.