Wrecked My Raptor. What now???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redrap22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id fix it for sure. Especially if you think you can do some of the bolt on stuff yourself, you could very well come out with money left over. I will say to check the frame right behind where the suspension bolts on. My friends raptor had similar damage to yours and they had a heck of a time pulling it in that area of the frame for some reason. We ended up putting a new frame under his to make sure it was good to go.

Speaking of the frame, i wouldnt worry about parts availability. We had the frame shipped to our door straight from ford for a little over 3k or something. Not saying youll get that deep on yours, but bolting on doors, fenders and suspension would be easy to do. Airbags as well. Would just have to get someone to pull the cab back probably.

received_10153920869803135_zps6sdmhjme.jpg

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They didn't give any additional money for my aftermarket wheels and almost brand new tires when I rolled my truck. You'll want to buy the cheapest wheels possible and take yours back. Also take off anything that wasn't stock, i.e. the toolbox as you won't get anything for that either. Be sure to provide your damage adjuster with ALL receipts for work you've done, including maintance and the shock rebuilds. Those will factor into the amount you get back.

Oh and if you end up totaling it, I'd buy the grill from you...

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TexasTexas95 Personally I think 45k isn't bad at all. If you can squeeze a little more out of it, great, but I would basically take the money and run. That doesn't sound bad at all from an insurance company. I understand the personal attachment and it was just as you wanted it, but you will be better off finding another raptor with zero accidents and start fresh. If you can wait 6 months to a year, I bet the prices on the gen 1 raptors will settle down once the new ones are out. Most people can't wait, but just some food for thought there.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
You must not know how hard it is to find a unabused Raptor. You cannot just got to the local lot and get one. He knows the history of the truck he has. :biggrin:

You're right, I don't know anything about buying used Raptors...

I'd rather pay more for a good used one than have some repair company try to fix that. Just my personal opinion from my experiences.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know about Texas, but street queen Raptors are a common sight in Phoenix. You should be able to find one thats somebody's status symbol for sale. if you find one you're interested in, just crawl under it and you'll know pretty quick if its been offroaded a lot or just a pavement pounder. rock chips, dents, big scratches on the bottom, etc. will give it away. They can only detail so much underneath.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right, I don't know anything about buying used Raptors...

I'd rather pay more for a good used one than have some repair company try to fix that. Just my personal opinion from my experiences.

I only do because I helped a friend look for one, he finally got his first Raptor. The good used one you speak of, pretty hard to find in the Southeast, we got too much mud and the beach. They get rode hard around here!

OP
OP
TexasTexas95

TexasTexas95

Reaction score
Last update. State Farm came through for me pretty big. They are giving me $52,000 for the Total loss. After they pay my bank off, I'll have a check for just over $15,000. Oh, and I can keep my 3 undamaged wheels and 4 undamaged tires. They factored in the new motor replacement from Ford and it really helped quite a bit I think. I couldn't find a receipt for the paint to match fenders but I added it into the notes as an add on, and they added $900 to the estimate. I only paid $300 to have them done but they never asked me so I guess I'll just let that one roll like it is. Looking locally for a Raptor but I'm probably gonna go older. Don't really care as long as the miles are reasonable my budget is $35,000 but maybe a bit more for the right deal.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Last update. State Farm came through for me pretty big. They are giving me $52,000 for the Total loss. After they pay my bank off, I'll have a check for just over $15,000. Oh, and I can keep my 3 undamaged wheels and 4 undamaged tires. They factored in the new motor replacement from Ford and it really helped quite a bit I think. I couldn't find a receipt for the paint to match fenders but I added it into the notes as an add on, and they added $900 to the estimate. I only paid $300 to have them done but they never asked me so I guess I'll just let that one roll like it is. Looking locally for a Raptor but I'm probably gonna go older. Don't really care as long as the miles are reasonable my budget is $35,000 but maybe a bit more for the right deal.

I'm not sure you'll find much anywhere for $35,000. What did you pay for the Raptor when you got it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk