Wrecked My Raptor. What now???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasTexas95

Reaction score
So...Unfortunately, I wrecked my baby. Totally my fault, I was making a left turn from a lane I'm accustomed to turning in during the day. It always has a green arrow. Till about 9:00pm.... Later at night, it's a yield on green only with no arrow. Long story short, there were two cars ahead of me, and I wasn't paying enough attention, just saw green (thinking it was the arrow) and bam, someone hit me without even slowing down. Nobody got hurt but I just got my estimate to repair the truck. I thought for sure since all my airbags went off, it was going to be a total loss. I'm kind of at a loss as to what I should do. The damages total just shy of what I actually owe left on the truck. So basically, I could pay my note off and be left with a wrecked truck all paid off. Or have it repaired to the tune of $33,000.
Here are the stats on it...
65,000 miles on it. Brand new motor put in from Ford under warranty at 45,000 miles.
It's white with a perfect interior (blue trim). Color matched fenders
Shocks redone at 45,000 miles (from Fox)
Custom wheels (3 are completely undamaged, one has been blown to pieces)
4 -Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's
2- with 98% tread 2-75% tread
UWS tool box
Bed liner
Lux Package
Resonator Delete
Aside from the visible damage below, the truck WAS in pristine condition....

So...What should I do? If it was perfect condition, I would have sold it for $48,000...I would have probably never sold it but if I had to, realistically that's what I would have taken.
Here it is...

Here she was...

705533E8-FCD4-495F-AA0D-B84E3A391FA7_zpsbjuhk1ly.jpg

Some helpful advice would be appreciated and taken into consideration for sure. If I had the money to turn it into a rally truck, I would. I just don't have the capital for that. For the time being, I need a truck to haul boats for my business so I'm just going to settle on an F-250 for a little while until I guess the new Raptor is available...

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why not get it fixed? If they aren't gonna total it, get it repaired and enjoy the ride. Pay it off. There are a lot of guys that have had extensive damages repaired. It's an everyday event these days. Just make sure that whoever is doing the work know what you expect and check up on them during the process. Ask lots of questions and demand quality. If it ain't right, make them make it right. The truck will be just as badass when it's done that it was before the wreck.

Good luck!!!

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Ruby^^^^^, fix it, and make um fix it right, enjoy the truck and forget the wreck happened. It's a testament to how much these trucks are worth that they wanna fix it for that kinda money.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, thanks for manning up and taking responsibility- we all screw up from time to time. Glad that no one was hurt.
Anyway, i would have it fixed- assuming you can pick the shop and as mentioned previously- supervise the repair as it progresses.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you decide to fix it, keep in mind the delay on parts and parts availability. While some parts will be readily available, others that are not may delay your repairs for a long time subjecting you to extensive rental costs needing a truck in your business.

OP
OP
TexasTexas95

TexasTexas95

Reaction score
So...I got an update. Not sure what to think yet till the final numbers come in. Friday When I made this post, the estimate to repair came back at $33,500 to repair. State Farm bases total losses on a 75/25 scale. If it costs more than 75% of the value to repair, it's a total loss. When I called today, they said it would be a total loss and I would likely be getting $45,000ish for the truck. I started telling them that it just had a new motor installed under factory warranty less than 15,000 miles ago and I also had extras on it such as paint to match fenders, $3,000 wheel and tire upgrade a year ago with 4 brand new tires less than a month ago(two went out under road hazard warranty and I just replaced 2 at the pro rated price to get 4 new all the way around). She said it was still going to be a total loss but the new motor and the wheels and tires would absolutely play into the amount I get back. Just provide the receipts (which I have). She warned me it wouldn't be $ for $ but it would definitely increase the valuation for the total loss. She also said if the estimate came back and I felt the valuation for the wheels and tires ($3,000) wasn't fair, I was free to replace the ones still on the truck with "stock" in like condition. I'm gonna wait till they get back to me after the estimate and see what it's worth (gut is telling me they are gonna be worthless) so I may be in the market for a good used set of wheels and tires that are literally headed straight to the junk yard. So...I may be back in the market for another white screw with blue interior. I'm not really interested in paying the inflated price of the 2017's so I may as well try and find the exact same truck I had. There wasn't a thing I would have changed about it, except the changes I already made. What do y'all feel like the truck pre wreck was worth honestly? She had 65,000 highway miles (new shocks and motor at 51,000 miles replaced from Ford). Interior and exterior were mint, not even any rock chips on the paint or undercarriage. The motor was always serviced properly prior to the new motor and after. Engine bay spotless, interior was the same and still smelled new. (You can tell I miss her and I'm attached) haha. But I'm also realistic. I hope someone from the forum buys her at auction and turns her into a rally truck monster. She's hurt but not dead...