wrecked my 2012 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bro, glad you are okay. I had my truck in an accident a couple years ago and was feeling like you. Find a competent shop and they will fix it right. My raptor came back better than new, they even painted brush marks from before the accident. Frame shops can fix frames like new these days, its not like others think from when they were kids. Everything is computerized these days. You should see what the shop is doing to my muscle car, you'd be amazed!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not about whether it can be fixed as you know everything can be fixed. It's about how much to fix it. If it takes 30K to fix it and your truck is worth 28K then it is totaled. But if your truck is worth 45K then it will be fixed.

Bussy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOT MY TRUCK

Saw this on facebook. Read he hit van at 55. But it seems like Raptor wrecking season..

That's mine. Don't know where the 55 mph came from :) it was slower. Minivan took a left in front of me. We both walked away. Meeting adjuster later this afternoon.
Bought it in Feb of this year. With all the upgrades, I'm nervous to have them total it (never will get the value as everything is less than a year old). At the same time, I know that the trade-in value will have blemish based on being in a wreck.

I will say that my ADD bumper did a great job deflecting the vehicles apart. And the Rigids are still operational :) Also was impressed with the air bags. Barely felt them as they deployed/deflated.

Attachments

• 20141006_174104[1].jpg
    20141006_174104[1].jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
O

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adjuster called me after his initial look at my truck. He's at $28,000 so far without taking it apart to find further damage. Sounds like he is in the fence on whether or not to total it. He said he has to run more numbers to see if the cost of time and labor will be worth spending to salvage it. I don't know if the value is 70% or 80% to total it out. Paying around on Kelly blue book my truck hasn't lost value from when I bought it. So I need the loss to be around $34,000 I guess. He said that it needs to be tore apart to find the rest of the damage cost.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

That's mine. Don't know where the 55 mph came from :) it was slower. Minivan took a left in front of me. We both walked away. Meeting adjuster later this afternoon.
Bought it in Feb of this year. With all the upgrades, I'm nervous to have them total it (never will get the value as everything is less than a year old). At the same time, I know that the trade-in value will have blemish based on being in a wreck.

I will say that my ADD bumper did a great job deflecting the vehicles apart. And the Rigids are still operational :) Also was impressed with the air bags. Barely felt them as they deployed/deflated.

You nervous cause you won'tget reembursed for the upgrades? Or because Iit adds to the total value of your truck.
I'm worried about my trade in value too. I guess that's when the diminish value clam comes into effect.

D

Deleted member 12951

I wouldn't cash out if totaled. Need to replace it and can't find a used one exactly then new one. Unfortunately insurance companies are scumbags and that will never happen.