wrecked it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the left lane. chick speeds past me on the right cuts my lane to attempt to get to the left turn lane that is to the left of our lane (cutting my lane) and slams on her brakes due to rush hour traffic. I'm literally inches from her...didn't know it was happening (or that she was even passing me) until I hit her. I get a ticket for careless driving because I hit her in the rear. She lied to the cops and said WE came to a complete stop and then we both started moving again and that's when I hit her. WTF. Every accident I've been in I've told the truth...even if it was my fault. I dunno...that's the way momma raised me. My faith in humanity is dwindling. Maybe I'll get a new after market bumper and better brakes out of this deal. The first to do at least leave a mark if someone makes me hit them and the second to be able to stop better. How ironic the brakes conversations recently. I truly experienced how crappy our brakes are today. her lexus hardly took any damage and my front end is f'ed. explain that. I'm headed to the patron and amstel light side of the house.

Attachments

• DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20120312_164923.jpg
    IMG_20120312_164923.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 302

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks!!! For sure go to court and explain what happened. She dont show you win no explanation needed... I fight everything... NEVER COP A PLEA!!! always fight...
The last time that happened to me just about the same circumstance... Dude cut over next to me, said my mirror hit his truck, lied to cop, I got ticket, fought it, dude didnt show up, case dismissed no points. Ya had to take a day off work but so what...

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah you should fight it for sure. I hate people like that. Why can't they just admit they ****** up and that you shouldn't get the ticket.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I am definitely going to research what my options are. The thought of insurance going up because of someone else really burns me up. I've screwed up before, but I really don't feel like this was one of those times. The black molding above the bumper is hosed too. It's separated from the headlights.

Any advice on dealing with insurance to get an aftermarket bumper and making sure what is stock gets fixed CORRECTLY? Dealer? Aftermarket bodyshop?

Thanks again.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 119

RaptorRexCullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was gonna say at least its just the bumper until you posted the other pics there.

Brutal man. I feel your pain, Im working on getting my box panel, bumper, and taillight all repaired.

I hope you win that one if you take her to court.

Im a fan of bodyshops but thats just because ive had some ****** dealership experiences and havnt been to one in a long time.

Jhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your bumper damage is pretty much identical to mine, I even have the little bit of separation around the head lights. I'm gonna be taking mine to the dealership for servicing and what not, once I get and install my urban assault bumper. I'll let u know what they tell me about it. If you hear anything about it before I do please let me know

Does ur bumper rub the tire where its bent? Mine does when i'm going to fast while turning left

Last edited:

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am definitely going to research what my options are. The thought of insurance going up because of someone else really burns me up. I've screwed up before, but I really don't feel like this was one of those times. The black molding above the bumper is hosed too. It's separated from the headlights.

Any advice on dealing with insurance to get an aftermarket bumper and making sure what is stock gets fixed CORRECTLY? Dealer? Aftermarket bodyshop?

Thanks again.

1) Do not under any circumstances go to a Ford Body shop. (Ask me how I know)

2) As far as dealing with insurance, they should be willing to write you a check for repairs.(Maybe less your deductible if it's under your own insurance). They will give you whatever it cost them to get a stock bumper . Probably won't cover an aftermarket bumper, but it will cover a portion.

3) I was just dealing with a shop in town, and they seemed impressive.
PM me if you want more explanation.
This shop just fixed a blue SCrew that had similar damage to your pics.
The biggest reason I was impressed with them, other than the Channel 7 top pic for shops in town, was they seemed honest. In fact they talked me out of giving them work (On my blue SCrew). Again, PM me for details.

Sorry to hear about a crash. Good luck.

JD

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need the camera installed that Ironman did. Mine is sitting on my work bench and this thread makes me really want to get it installed. Should that happen to me, I would wait until the bitch was sworn in, committed perjury then showed the video proving her the liar.

Sucks that happened :(

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need the camera installed that Ironman did. Mine is sitting on my work bench and this thread makes me really want to get it installed. Should that happen to me, I would wait until the bitch was sworn in, committed perjury then showed the video proving her the liar.

Sucks that happened :(

Link to the camera plz, Rick (or Ironman). I told my wife I'm spending some money. braided stainless steel brake cables/rotors/pads, bumper, camera. Researching specifics now. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

1) Do not under any circumstances go to a Ford Body shop. (Ask me how I know)

2) As far as dealing with insurance, they should be willing to write you a check for repairs.(Maybe less your deductible if it's under your own insurance). They will give you whatever it cost them to get a stock bumper . Probably won't cover an aftermarket bumper, but it will cover a portion.

3) I was just dealing with a shop in town, and they seemed impressive.
PM me if you want more explanation.
This shop just fixed a blue SCrew that had similar damage to your pics.
The biggest reason I was impressed with them, other than the Channel 7 top pic for shops in town, was they seemed honest. In fact they talked me out of giving them work (On my blue SCrew). Again, PM me for details.

Sorry to hear about a crash. Good luck.

JD

Thanks. Sending a PM now.

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the dented bumper club. And yea, fight it. It's better to pay the court fees and plea your case. I'm willing to bet she won't show.