Worst storm ever recorded starts tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
took me 2 1/2 hours to do my normal 40 min drive! Pulled out a towtuck, a toyota car, and a van. I tried to pull a vw jetta, but they dont have any tow hooks!? so I left him in the ditch...

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Holy crap! its not that bad, but my drive was all in a whiteout, so speeds on a 70mph express way were down to about 20-30 max. You couldn't see the road, the edges, the cars in front or back. It was interesting.
here is a picture of the of the clearest times on the road.
snowstorm.jpg

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Wow, I've never seen anything like that. I guess I shouldn't take this 62F and sunny for granted. Be safe out there, and good on ya for helping all those people in those conditions. Hope your work has a garage...

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, you guys are getting hammered!! We're supposed to get snow too but only a few inches, it's been a weak winter for us.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
took me 2 1/2 hours to do my normal 40 min drive! Pulled out a towtuck, a toyota car, and a van. I tried to pull a vw jetta, but they dont have any tow hooks!? so I left him in the ditch...

Nice...ze germans typically use a pop out panel in the front bumper into which you thread an eyebolt. The eyebolt should be packaged in the car somewhere (I'd guess around the spare, but don't have a clue).

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are getting it starting around 10. I just picked up my truck today, so perfect timing to test it's capabilities. Detroit won't give us a straight answer on how much snow we are getting. 10-12 and now saying 15+. Either way, I have a full tank of gas and ready to go.

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Nice...ze germans typically use a pop out panel in the front bumper into which you thread an eyebolt. The eyebolt should be packaged in the car somewhere (I'd guess around the spare, but don't have a clue).

I knew that, my mazda had the same thing in the bumper, they have 2 spots where a panel pops out but we couldn't get it off...

When I towed a toyota car this morning I used that bolt thing to hook onto.

And!, I wish I had pictures, I towed out a stuck chevy!!! hahaha he was not so bright.