Wish me luck. Just dropped off my baby at the dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
* They told me the same exact thing, however if they wiggle the front end for a while the red lasers will connect. They finally got mine to connect and ended up being a fantastic front end alignment after Mid perch. The one tech said they could not do it and that i would need to see the service manager and take it to a truck shop.

I'm going to try and balance the tires first. I think one of the weights might've fallen off after my last trip to the quarry. Good info to know though. Or I could just leave them and let the tire wear out prematurely so I can get new wheels and tires right when I get back to the states.

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heard back from the dealer today. My service guy called me in and took me directly to the GMs office. The GM told me they fixed the issue. I was hesitant to believe him. So we go for a test drive and I'm ******* blown away!!!! It's gone!!!

He says the owner of the dealership owns a raptor with a curved bar just like mine and had the same issue so he had a guy work on his personal raptor non stop until the issue was found. Turns out it's not an electrical issue.

The wind going over a CURVED bar at a certain speed create a "tuning fork" affect. With a straight bar, all the wind comes from the front and shoots straight back. With a curved bar, wind comes at the bar from several directions and all meets upon the rear of the light bar, causing excessive vibration, leading to a tuning fork affect.

The GM got some green painters tape and taped down all the fins in the bar of my curved bar, we got in and drove at all speeds and wouldn't you know....NOTHING!!!!

The GM says that because of their proximity to the desert, they routinely work on fixed up trucks and have learned a lot of tricks of the trade!!!

They're still working on my rear passenger door lock and front passenger seat but after seeing this, I'm a believer. They could've said "this is an aftermarket part causing the issue sober aren't gonna help you". But they really stepped up to make a customer happy.

+1 for Fiesta Ford of Indio, Ca and their attentive staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. I'm keeping them in my mental list of dealers that don't have their heads up their ass. I'm west of you in the I.E., but sometimes it's worth a little drive to have a problem fixed right...the first time.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heard back from the dealer today. My service guy called me in and took me directly to the GMs office. The GM told me they fixed the issue. I was hesitant to believe him. So we go for a test drive and I'm ******* blown away!!!! It's gone!!!...

Fantastic news, jackrook! I'll be happy to document your feedback about the awesome service you received so the appropriate folks can check it out. To get the ball rolling, PM me your full name, daytime phone number, dealer info, and any specifics you'd like me to include. I'll take it from there. :)

Crystal

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like another good SoCal dealer, good info to have for us SoCal folks who have a sea of unreliable service departments to wade through. Mostly no fault of their own but due to lack of exposure to the Raptor.

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What curved bar setup do you have?

M&R. I got his second curved bar ever sold. It's my understanding that M&R has corrected this issue. I spoke to Mike at length yesterday. He even offered to swap me out a brand new bar if we can't get it fixed. Now that's customer service!!!!!

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update #2

Got a call around 3ish that I couldn't answer(at work) Ruben leaves me a message saying my door lock didn't come in so it looks like it will be tomorrow but he got the seat error fixed. Uninstalled the seat, checked for frayed slashed cut wires. Installed the seat again, reflashed my system(or whatever it's called), and low and behold it went away.

So I don't call back and just naturally assume my truck will be at the shop another day. And I'm ok with that.

So I'm at home and it's now 5. Ruben calls again and I answer. He says they just got the door lock delivered and are gonna stay late and install it. If I'd like a shuttle to come get me. I had my own ride there but man they really made me feel good!!!!

So I pick up my baby!!! No codes on the dash! Power door lock works! And no more tuning fork affect with my light bar!!!! And they washed it inside and out. Excellent customer service!!!

Guys and gals...I can't say enough about Fiesta Ford in Indio, Ca. If you ever need work done there, ask for Ruben or the asst GM Scott. Both of them are +1 in my book and have earned my trust.

Only downside is that I gave them the truck with over half a tank and they gave it back to me with 27 miles left LOL. But what did I expect with my primary issue only happening while going 40-50mph then 60-70mph??? No biggy. I'm happy it was done right THE FIRST TIME.