Winter storm = Raptor addiction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys so yesterday southern Alberta got hammered by a winter storm. About 12" or more in some areas. Now the way medicine hat is set up we have a bunch of coulée's so you either live on the high ground or low. Well I live and work on the high ground but they are across town from one another which means going up and down the hills. All hills except 2 where closed yesterday and eventually all were shut down. Some ppl were stranded at their work and slept there.

Now I did shift change at the plant got in the truck and headed for home cause there was no way I was sleeping in the control room over night. BTW ppl with cars/vans with summer tires are just idiots. Now coming down the first hill there was no one around so I decided to try my hill decent. Hill was snow covered with ice underneath but she didn't slip or slide once and I never touched the peddle just loved it. Now getting back up, well I get to the hill and there are people trying to make it up and spinning out. I thought to myself if she could talk what would Roxy want to do?(yes my truck is named Roxy, get over it) there is a sidewalk next to the road but in between there is a prairie section wide enough to more than accommodate the truck. So off road mode on, 4x4 on, diff lock on and away we go next to the road. WOW!! Incredible how this thing just grabs ahold of anything and keeps going. You shoulda seem the looks from the ppl who were lined up at the top of this hill. Priceless!

Now before ppl start bashing me saying I was unsafe I would never do this if it wasn't this bad but I needed to get home and it truly was every man for themselves out there. (although I would have helped someone out if they were stuck and pushing)

Now what has this given me? A new found appreciation for this truck. This thing truly is the best vehicle on the road. My name is Jason and I'm addicted to my Raptor!!

Banned
Reaction score
awesome. glad to hear it didn't let you down.

we are getting your storm right now in manitoba. driveway has 3' in it, and still blowing on down.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice! Glad the truck came through for you. This is why we pay the extract coin for the vehicle and horrible mpg. Moments like these make it worth it.

Off Road WannaBe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh you lucky guy! Iv been praying for one last big snow storm to go tearing around in all we have been getting is rain on the east coast

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
welcome jason. realizing you have a addiction is a good start. now we have to work on getting that addiction under control. we should start by visiting the vendors at the right of this page>>>>>. now spend as much money as your conscience will let you and you will see, that there is no end. lol.

OP
OP
Sierra13

Sierra13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm glad you guys are here to help me through my addiction. Hahah Im wondering when I can sign up for the snowball 500 2014 cause I'm in! You guys are right, the extra money we all spend on these are worth it for this feeling. I'll be hoping for the rest of you guys to get this opportunity...Snow coming all your ways!

Bink1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great post and I am stoked that it worked well in a real life situation!