Windshield Rock Chip = sound screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I read here the Raptor didn't have the Ford sound screen windshield.

Last week a rock chipped my windshield, new windshield yesterday, says sounds screen right on the edge of windshield. Did I just get lucky and that's what they replaced it with or did we already have it?

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

8619992cefc679aa3925fa50ee3d0a43.jpg

OP
OP
Wvraptor13

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I just stopping for gas been driving for about an hour. Turned the radio off for about 15 minutes.,,, crazy thing is, Yes!
If you focus on isolating the road "tire noise" vs wind noise I actually believe there is a sizable difference on wind noise.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

The install guy said he only has two windows listed for the f150. One has the Ford logo above rear view and one has f150 logo. Mine had the ford logo which for them is the acoustic windshield. He called it acoustic. Anyhow today first time I have driven the truck I notice the sound screen label. For sure mint didn't have the label previously.

Last edited:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Actually I just stopping for gas been driving for about an hour. Turned the radio off for about 15 minutes.,,, crazy thing is, Yes!
If you focus on isolating the road "tire noise" vs wind noise I actually believe there is a sizable difference on wind noise.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

The install guy said he only has two windows listed for the f150. One has the Ford logo above rear view and one has f150 logo. Mine had the ford logo which for them is the acoustic windshield. He called it acoustic. Anyhow today first time I have driven the truck I notice the sound screen label. For sure mint didn't have the label previously.

I believe the sound screen windshield comes on the luxury f-150's. (platinum/limited) That is awesome though! That paired with more sound deadening it would be like you are in church while on the highway.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the soundscreen windshield as well. Honestly, I don't notice the difference and wish I wouldn't have opted for it when replacing. Would've saved me around $200 bucks IIRC.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the sound screen windshield comes on the luxury f-150's. (platinum/limited) That is awesome though! That paired with more sound deadening it would be like you are in church while on the highway.
They were supposed to be reserved for the luxury trim levels like you said but in 2013 Ford either didn't care, or was running out of the normal windshields at one point because there were quite a large amount of STX's, XLT's, and FX4's that received the sound screen windshield. It was completely random too. You could have two of the exact same trucks and one would have the sound screen and the other would not.