Will Ford make a 2015 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is that the next gen Raptor is still in development but, may be close to production. Keep in mind that we didn't see the GT500 until the 2007 model year when the S197 Mustangs came out for 2005. The current Raptor came out in late 2009, a little more than a year after the current truck but, it had been in development as test muleswith 03-07 bodies for two years before anyone saw the final truck. If those patterns hold true, I would guess we'll see a 2nd gen Raptor in late 2015 as a 2016 model or may be later in the 2016 model year.

Reaction score
When do you guys think we will first hear about a new Raptor? Baja 1000? A large Auto Show? There is Geneva in March (unlikely), New York in April (Possible but early), and LA in November (I think it could be introduced here), plus SEMA.

There is already that test mule running around the SVT testing center, but who knows what that really is. I just want to hear a announcement, because then I can plan on whether buying a used one, or wait for a new one in 15-16.

Tornitron

Reaction score
I thought raptors are rolling out on the same assembly line as other f150s... could be wrong, but that's what I saw from the video.

Correct. All F150s are built staggered on the same assembly line.

Megafactories Ford F150 - YouTube

While only Ford knows the answer about the Raptor's future, with the upcoming retool of the Dearborn factory in a few months to begin production on the all new redesigned F150, it seems very unlikely that the current Raptor will be continued in 2015. If they were planning on releasing the next generation Raptor for the upcoming model year, they would have most likely announced it along with the new F150. Should Ford decide to build a gen 2 Raptor, which I suspect they will, it would seem reasonable that we will see it for 2016 or 2017. We'll just have to wait and find out.

RaptorGhost

Reaction score
I went to the Ford dealership this past Friday (February 21) and they told me that this was the last year of the Ford Raptor.

The sales lady was also completely clueless about the truck, so I didn't believe her when she told me that, but still.

OP
OP
O

OU812

Reaction score
Correct. All F150s are built staggered on the same assembly line.

While only Ford knows the answer about the Raptor's future, with the upcoming retool of the Dearborn factory in a few months to begin production on the all new redesigned F150, it seems very unlikely that the current Raptor will be continued in 2015. If they were planning on releasing the next generation Raptor for the upcoming model year, they would have most likely announced it along with the new F150. Should Ford decide to build a gen 2 Raptor, which I suspect they will, it would seem reasonable that we will see it for 2016 or 2017. We'll just have to wait and find out.

Thanks for the insight.

I guess it's cool that the next Raptor model will likely be 2016. My wife gave me her blessing on getting my 2014 C7. So I need to pay that off first. I put half down so I should be financially ready for a Raptor when the 2016 model arrives.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Most SVT vehicles are not available the first MY of a new model. If the Raptor returns it will most likely come back as a 2016.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't worry snoop, it can be a v8, just has to get some 2015 gm 6.2 mileage without being a *************