Will Ford make a 2015 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer had stuff up and kept making statements about this (2014) being the last one, end of an era, last of the breed. I'd respond only until they ramp up production on the new aluminum trucks. Ford is in the business of making money. Two ways they do that, mass production low-margin (bread and butter - F150) and high-margin, low-production (SVT). Industry trend is to introduce new, special models as a platform ages. This boosts sales across the board by adding excitement to the brand. Note what they did with the previous gen Mustang and how many specials they had toward the end.

I bought an '87 Mustang and it was being touted as the last year of the Fox. Of course no one wanted a FWD 'stang so that plan turned into a different model and Fox production continued for several years as they re-grouped.

So, I bought a 2014, but not on the gamble of them discontinuing it. It's a heck of a truck! No one else makes anything comparable and the time and money I'd have to spend getting something comparable to what it is out of the box wasn't worth it to me. Would I like them to discontinue it and come out with something else, heck yeah. Then I have more of an investment and not just a fun toy.

But, Ford has had such success and other Mfgs see this and are coming out with similar products (Ram Runner...,). Toyota and Nissan jumped on the chance to add Cummins as a supplier because of diesel truck sales.
I imagine they'll re-release the Raptor, likely as a 2016 with an earliest delivery of late in the 2015 model year. Doubt they will let go of it because of what it means to sales of other F150s and it's popularity.

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer had stuff up and kept making statements about this (2014) being the last one, end of an era, last of the breed. I'd respond only until they ramp up production on the new aluminum trucks. Ford is in the business of making money. Two ways they do that, mass production low-margin (bread and butter - F150) and high-margin, low-production (SVT). Industry trend is to introduce new, special models as a platform ages. This boosts sales across the board by adding excitement to the brand. Note what they did with the previous gen Mustang and how many specials they had toward the end.

I bought an '87 Mustang and it was being touted as the last year of the Fox. Of course no one wanted a FWD 'stang so that plan turned into a different model and Fox production continued for several years as they re-grouped.

So, I bought a 2014, but not on the gamble of them discontinuing it. It's a heck of a truck! No one else makes anything comparable and the time and money I'd have to spend getting something comparable to what it is out of the box wasn't worth it to me. Would I like them to discontinue it and come out with something else, heck yeah. Then I have more of an investment and not just a fun toy.

But, Ford has had such success and other Mfgs see this and are coming out with similar products (Ram Runner...,). Toyota and Nissan jumped on the chance to add Cummins as a supplier because of diesel truck sales.
I imagine they'll re-release the Raptor, likely as a 2016 with an earliest delivery of late in the 2015 model year. Doubt they will let go of it because of what it means to sales of other F150s and it's popularity.
I agree fully with what you are saying

Jag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From an Autoweek article yesterday about the new 150:

325-hp turbo V6 provides better power-to-weight than 5.0-liter V8

Ford’s new 2.7-liter twin-turbocharged V6 EcoBoost engine will make 325 hp and 375 lb-ft of torque when it debuts in the aluminum-bodied 2015 Ford F-150. A new naturally aspirated 3.5-liter V6, the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 and the 5.0-liter V8 will also be available in the pickup.

The 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine has a new design, according to Ford, and improves the power-to-weight ratio of the F-150 by 15 percent over the 2014 model with the 5.0-liter V8. In 4x2 trim, the new EcoBoost-equipped truck has a 2,250-pound payload rating and a tow rating of 8,500 pounds.

Ford firsts for the new engine include stop/start technology and a compacted graphite iron cylinder block, with knowledge borrowed from the company’s Power Stroke diesel.

The new naturally aspirated 3.5-liter V6 makes 283 hp and 255 lb-ft of torque, replacing the 302-hp, 278-lb-ft 3.7-liter V6 from 2014. The engine allows a payload of 1,910 pounds and is good for towing 7,600 pounds.

Both the upper and lower manifolds have been tuned for more responsiveness, and both are made of composite to reduce weight. An aluminum cylinder block features bay-to-bay breathing to reduce pumping losses (increasing power), and a deep-sump oil pan lengthens oil-change intervals.

In addition to the new V6 engines, the 360-hp, 420-lb-ft 3.5-liter EcoBoost and 360-hp, 380-lb-ft 5.0-liter V8 return for 2015. As of now, there’s no word on the future of the 411-hp, 6.2-liter V8.

- See more at: New Ford F-150 gets 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's one of those things, they don't usually announce not making something until later in the model year cycle. I believe the 2015 options list has been posted and there's no Raptor on it.