This is why spacers are a bad idea. (And lots of cv axle innards pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I have rebuilt the CVs on our class 10 a few times, honestly those don't look too bad. I will be pulling mine apart to repack them pretty soon, I will post up pics.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn BigJ, you need your own "corner" of the forums, like BDRAG. Call if

BigJ's Joint - How to's, How-Don'ts, and just because I'm BigJ!

I love reading your posts!

And your truck is looking great!!!!
Hah gawd don't wish that on me :p

I have rebuilt the CVs on our class 10 a few times, honestly those don't look too bad. I will be pulling mine apart to repack them pretty soon, I will post up pics.
Yeppers. That's why we just repacked 'em and reinstalled, rather than spending $170ish per side on new ones (cheap!). There's still some life left, but I'm gonna be keeping an eye on the aftermarket to see what stronger options we end up with...

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Hah gawd don't wish that on me :p

Yeppers. That's why we just repacked 'em and reinstalled, rather than spending $170ish per side on new ones (cheap!). There's still some life left, but I'm gonna be keeping an eye on the aftermarket to see what stronger options we end up with...

BTW, its not hard to do, just very messy. Throw away clothes and lots of gloves. F'ing moly grease.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Didn't you only have to cut the mount bolts? You didn't cut the center shock rod bolt right.. If so, those are replaceable.. They should be a press in.. I have replaced them on other vehicles a few times...

Yes, well glad to hear this.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
how much air time did you have on your leveling kit or were most of your miles left on the ground?

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I for one am willing to pay $340 every 3 years for the ride quality I get with leveling kit vs middle perch. Fire away guys...

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how much air time did you have on your leveling kit or were most of your miles left on the ground?
On purpose air time? Zero. But who can tell when you're covering 200 or 300 off road miles over a couple days that includes sandy washes, washboards, rocks, gravel. Sorry I can't give ya an answer. All I can say is the truck is used. Hard. And that suspension cycles. A lot.

I for one am willing to pay $340 every 3 years for the ride quality I get with leveling kit vs middle perch. Fire away guys...
Have you ridden in a middle perch modded Raptor?

I dunno. I hear that "ride quality" thing a lot, and I've never experienced it one way or another myself. It also strikes me as interesting that we now know SVT did all of the testing and proving at the middle perch... the truck was designed around that geometry, NOT the lower perch geometry.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:peace:yep your totally right J not a lot of people know that the truck went through all its testing on the middle perch where it was meant to be then DOT made them lower it cause of the headlights and ******** like that lol but i personally can not feel even the slightest difference in ride quality from bottom to middle perch. but i personally GO BIG OR GO HOME so im set to the TOP hahaha

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not firing at you but, where did you get the $340 cost from? Is that what you are saying its going to cost to do preventive maintenance on the front end?