whirring humming noise '13 SCREW.Drive train?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sidelock

Reaction score
Been having whirring & humming whenever my '13 SCREW (65K) is rolling. especially noticeable when just rolling up to a stoplight. Only heard when the wheels are moving. Dealer (excellent reputation for Raptors) says it's the tires & a common complaint with Raptors. I'm thinking tires are KO2's 15K on them, rotors are new, bearings?, drive train somehow??? Or should I just not worry? Help from the hive!

OP
OP
S

sidelock

Reaction score
Yes. Rotors & pads installed 3 months ago. Sounds have been there from before. Regular maintenance & tire rotation every 5K. Regular inspection too. Dealer tech says they just had 2 "13's traded in with same issue. Nothing seems wrong. They had to decide if it was worth it to put new rubber on them before re-sale just for the sound but it would be cost prohibitive for them.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My K02s are dead quiet, zero, nothing, like highway tire. …..When going down the road try to sway the truck left and right, like you are going to make a turn. If the noise goes away its you wheel bearings….taking the load off by turning is the dead on sign.

Last edited:

Runnhyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a similar noise end up in the rear end being rebuilt under warranty. Really no solid explanation as to why but it was a similar sound kinda like dry gears meshing is my best descriptions of the sound I experienced. Truck had 14,000 when I encountered my issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

sidelock

Reaction score
update

Just hd it in to the dealer for another ride-along. Immediately identified as a bad rear diff bearing. replace rear end. 2 days. Covered under warrantee. Thanks to all for your input.