To Whipple of not to Whipple...that is the question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As much as I love this truck for what it is, I really wasn't happy with just 411 fwhp.
Getting the Whipple on this 6000 lbs. beast for almost 3 years now, still puts a smile on my face every time I get in.
All the other stuff can take it's time to get done, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
OP
OP

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I love this truck for what it is, I really wasn't happy with just 411 fwhp.
Getting the Whipple on this 6000 lbs. beast for almost 3 years now, still puts a smile on my face every time I get in.
All the other stuff can take it's time to get done, as far as I'm concerned.

Any issues with the truck after the swap was done?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's my daily driver and I don't beat on it but I drive her hard enough to have gone through a set of rotors and pads all around in 10,000 miles. I'm at 18,000 now.
Did the Whipple at 3,200 miles. Otherwise no complaints.
I'm also just stock exhaust and standard pulley size but upgraded the HE with fans, so it's a little conservative.
I also only ran the Ford/Whipple Tune until a few months ago.
I'm on call 24/7 and need to be available at a moments notice.
I also upgraded my oil pump gears and fuel pump for safety and the ability to go for more HP some time this winter.

Last edited:

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bro,

You will absolutely love it. If you like fast things. Get a better tune, do the full exhaust, and the truck will be a beast. Check out my signature line. I absolutely love my truck. It is fast as hell, sounds awesome, looks great. If the money is not too big of a deal, 11k will make this truck absolutely ridiculous. I am at 650hp, maybe 530 rwhp. She is a beast. No issues. If you do it. Please get a custom tune. The factory one will make you think you wasted your money.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Roush, but highly recommend a supercharger. I also have 29k on mine, and have not had a single problem.

OP
OP

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have this kit on their trucks? Looks like it a hit from the above posts! It's a large chunk of change and I have factory warranty so I don't want to get bit at both ends if something goes way wrong.....