When you read the instructions for wipe-new....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And realize AFTER you've applied it, that it says even the "morning dew" will permanently jack it up... lol.

Attachments

• 20171026_163821.jpg
    20171026_163821.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 76

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So.....dirt roads and mud holes are not part of your trucks life?

Gonna have to change your FRF name to "BubbleBoy"

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pretty wild warnings in the fine print for wipe new. You can't get it off the plastic once it's on and of it gets wet before it cures it goes milky and apparently you can't do anything to fix it if that happens. I was super careful to mask all the paint around the areas I coated as it trashes the paint too. Just missed the point about the "getting wet" so it's a really really good thing I triple read the fine print.

Assume I'm not the only gen1 owner with greying door handles? Anyways... the wipe new is definitely a huge upgrade but read that fine print!

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some pretty wild warnings in the fine print for wipe new. You can't get it off the plastic once it's on and of it gets wet before it cures it goes milky and apparently you can't do anything to fix it if that happens. I was super careful to mask all the paint around the areas I coated as it trashes the paint too. Just missed the point about the "getting wet" so it's a really really good thing I triple read the fine print.

Assume I'm not the only gen1 owner with greying door handles? Anyways... the wipe new is definitely a huge upgrade but read that fine print!

No you are not...who makes it?

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used it on a black F350 I had, as you say made the plastic look great. I did not read the fine print and pretty sure mine got wet the night I put it on. No problems tho, thankfully. It lasted bout a year and a half before it dulled back to grey. That truck sat outside all the time and saw a lot of dirt and mud.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every Chevy avalanche owner in the world needs this[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro