Wheel bearing hub unique to Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have a wheel bearing dying, seems like my drivers front. Inspection this morning...

In looking at the parts online I can not determine for sure that the Raptor has a unique hub. Anybody know if they are different than a regular 4wd f150?

Brandon###

Reaction score
I’d check the vacuum line first. Make sure it’s not damaged. If you’re losing vacuum then it’s engaging the IWE

If it looks good I’d get a hub and new IWE. They’re cheap enough that I’d replace both while I have it torn apart. It’s better than having to do it all over again . Just my .02

OP
OP
Snowsled

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect the actuator has bad seals. The drivers side works as it should. I think they are on the same feed not independent which would rule out a vacuum leak. Currently the system is disconnected and will probably stay that way because it was a DUMB idea to begin with. I prefer instant 4x4 engagement anyway and will pay the 1 mpg penalty.

Brandon###

Reaction score
I suspect the actuator has bad seals. The drivers side works as it should. I think they are on the same feed not independent which would rule out a vacuum leak. Currently the system is disconnected and will probably stay that way because it was a DUMB idea to begin with. I prefer instant 4x4 engagement anyway and will pay the 1 mpg penalty.

How did you disconnect the system without engaging the IWE?

Roger Huff

Reaction score
I have 80k miles on my 2014 raptor, I just put new brake pads on all four wheels. The technician said I needed new wheel bearing on the front, the dealership said it would cost $1200. Is there a way to verify the bearings a going out? Jack up a wheel and spin the tire? Please advise?

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I have 80k miles on my 2014 raptor, I just put new brake pads on all four wheels. The technician said I needed new wheel bearing on the front, the dealership said it would cost $1200. Is there a way to verify the bearings a going out? Jack up a wheel and spin the tire? Please advise?
$1200 is crazy! If you jack the wheel up and grab the sides of the tire and see if it moves at all when you push with one arm and pull with the other back and forth, there should be no movement. Spin the tire slowly and see if you feel any grinding or roughness, if the bearing went dry on grease you should feel it and then they do need replacing.