What's up with prices? Holy cow...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JrFreak

Reaction score
Last summer I could have bought a brand new Raptor for $53-55k. Local dealers had about 5 or 6 in stock. Now when I look at used Raptor prices they are through the roof! I've see people asking $55-60k for a '14 with 20k miles on it. I see 2012 Raptors with 40-50k miles for $45k.

Are people actually getting what they are asking for? I know they aren't producing them now, but I didn't think that would affect the valve that much. Is it people knowing that the 6.2L is gone now?

I really should have pulled the trigger on one last year. Wouldn't have lost valve since then.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those are legit prices, people are getting what they ask right now, Raptor's are scarce that's why!

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deals are to be found if you are resourceful and at times...very patient. I found a loaded 14, Special Edition SCREW with 978 miles and got it for 55K from a private party.

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup those prices are correct as crazy as they seem. It took me just about 7 months to find one at the price I wanted to pay.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deals are to be found if you are resourceful and at times...very patient. I found a loaded 14, Special Edition SCREW with 978 miles and got it for 55K from a private party.

+1.

I missed out on a couple really good deals, just got to be patient.

Crazy when Carmax prices are sometimes a better deal than some private/dealer prices on Raptors.

Edit:

I think up until more specs are released on the 17 Raptor, the prices will stay high.
Even though I would rather have a 5.0 option in the 17+, I think the TT3.5 will be a good fit for the truck.

Last edited:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They will stay high after as well it is the one and only SVT Raptor ever made. The new one is under Ford Performance umbrella and not a SVT badged vehicle. Also V8 and better looks. Not to say the 17' Raptor won't sell like hot cakes either, in fact, I may buy a new one as well to go with the 13'.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been the best investment I've made (or at a minimum, least-bad investment) since I bought it in December 2012. Most stocks I've bought in that time are down worse than the truck has depreciated. LOL.

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wait it out, prices are starting to come down. I've been watching the market for about 6 months now. A lot of people are seeing what the trucks are selling for and listing theirs, and it's driving prices down. Sure prices will drop as we get closer to this time next year as well.