What's the Best way to break in a new Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy crap what the hell are you waiting for, the drive shaft to fall out.

I'm going to swap out my SD springs to HD, every once and a while I get a little well hop with the SDs

Last edited:

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a very long wait for my wallet to recover. I agree with icecobra: to the OP - get bumps, AND springs

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
For those advocating "driving it like you stole it" right off of the lot, where is your technical rationale to back it up?

The manual says to avoid towing and to vary your speed for the first 1000 miles. It is not about seating the rings as they seat right away due to the rings and bore machining process used these days. It has a lot more to do with the gears of the transmission and differential wearing in together and work hardening off of each other.

Ford has a reason for having a break in procedure.

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I beat the **** out of my '12 5.0/M6 and got 36k out of it before I got rid of it, never skipped a beat. I've driven the Raptor pretty hard, have almost 2500mi on it now. Not flogging it but I definitely have a lead foot.

I'd say as long as you aren't flogging it cold (why would you do such a fucktarded thing to begin with is beyond me) I really don't see any need for it.