What would you rather buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want to make your truck look badass, get 1 1/2" spacers and go mid perch.

the widened stance will be much more aggressive and you'll get the look you're wanting for less than $200

I vote for a DIRTBIKE or MOTARD.

**** atv's

It depends what ATV, I have had atvs around 15 years ago, here is my latest build with much effort and $ involved.
a6aru8e4.jpg
u9u9usy2.jpg
y6arasyp.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
^ now thats a bad as quad! staying on topic i would go this route...
buy wheels used: you can find a lot of good deals on wheels that are used but in great condition ($400-700 average prices on used wheels) OEM tires will be more than fine for a while... since you have a lot of parks around to go riding see if theres a place where you can rent or ride someones ATV/bike etc to get a feel for what kind you would be interested in getting. if its something you can see yourself getting a lot of enjoyment out of then move on to used atvs/bikes and so on and so on... unless you have the funds right off the bat which most of us military folks dont have an abundance of, its always better to do as much research as possible before making the purchase... im currently deployed and have been buying mods like crazy brand new (typically buy used or discounted) but im deployed and feel that i earned some nice things for my truck... as long as your happy at the end of the day and arent regretting your purchase more than enjoying it you'll be fine. hope this Dr. Phil moment helps youre decision, either way like a lot of the members already stated. you cant go wrong either way... just dont get a trike, those things will kill ya! lol

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ now thats a bad as quad! staying on topic i would go this route...
buy wheels used: you can find a lot of good deals on wheels that are used but in great condition ($400-700 average prices on used wheels) OEM tires will be more than fine for a while... since you have a lot of parks around to go riding see if theres a place where you can rent or ride someones ATV/bike etc to get a feel for what kind you would be interested in getting. if its something you can see yourself getting a lot of enjoyment out of then move on to used atvs/bikes and so on and so on... unless you have the funds right off the bat which most of us military folks dont have an abundance of, its always better to do as much research as possible before making the purchase... im currently deployed and have been buying mods like crazy brand new (typically buy used or discounted) but im deployed and feel that i earned some nice things for my truck... as long as your happy at the end of the day and arent regretting your purchase more than enjoying it you'll be fine. hope this Dr. Phil moment helps youre decision, either way like a lot of the members already stated. you cant go wrong either way... just dont get a trike, those things will kill ya! lol

Thanks Danactive and you are on point with the suggestions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

khandis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gawddamnit I'm still undecided.

I really want to mod my truck as I plan on owning the sucker until it basically dies, but I still have a hard time with paying for mods that have a negative ROI... as far as atvs are concerned I think rental first to see how often I would go/enjoy it is the best option prior to buying a used one.... but I still want to mod my truck, bc I think I can make it look even more badass... gawd, I hate being indecisive.

Either way, I won't buy new tires until I run my stock BFGs out.. they have 22K miles on them currently... so if I were to mod the truck, I would look for used wheels, mid-perch, change headlights, perhaps light bar up front with 4x 8'' lights.. I don't really know.. I hate being indecisive.

For all you military folk out there that could offer advice, so that you know roughly what I'm dealing with financially...

I am a single CPT with over 7 years service, only debt I have is my truck payment ($389 mo).. and I live in an APT that cost me about $550 less than my BAH I earn.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would much rather go riding on a dirt bike or ATV, so much fun it should be illegal.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what my plan would be. Get wheels and mid perch, should be under a grand (depending on wheels) and will completely change the stance of your truck, making it look much more aggressive. Then rent some different atv/bike options. Once you decide on what you want, check for good used ones. People buy them new all the time, say they're going to use them, then almost never ride. You can pick up used ones with extremely low hours on them.