what tune to run Roush supercharger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burnssj83

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Raptor Roush 590hp with a lot of mods and I am thinking about upgrading the tune on it. I have talked to 5 Star and JDM both and they claim to have more Hp and better driveability. Does anyone have any advice on what tune would be best and still stay reliable and is there any other tunes out there?

Last edited:

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Raptor Roush 590hp with a lot of mods and I am thinking about upgrading the tune on it. I have talked to 5 Star and JDM both and they claim to have more Hp and better driveability. Does anyone have any advice on what tune would be best and still stay reliable and is there any other tunes out there?

I have the JDM and I've been happy with it. My previous non-super charged tunes were 5 Star and I was happy with those as well.

Sorry, I can't compare apples to apples though.

Verruckt

Reaction score
JDM all the way - I have the same truck (Stage 2 Roush), with quite a few mods and went with the JDM tune.

JDM knows what they're doing, and I've heard of too many issues with 5 Star. Give JDM a call if you have any questions and they'll set you straight.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you notice a difference in power from the Roush tune to JDM?
Thanks

I've never used the Roush Tune - I went straight to JDM. Dude at the Roush shop said he could tell a difference from the Roush he was driving around, but I also had the upgraded TB vs. his truck.

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the roush stage 2 with the JDM tune and I love it. Had the roush tune originally which didn't last long. Felt sluggish and like it was always in way to high of a gear. The JDM tune feels way better. Responsive and a lot more fun to drive. I actually get better gas mileage with the JDM tune. I'm right at about 12 mpg overall and I can get up to around 14.5 on the highway.

My vote is for JDM. I don't think you can go wrong though brother.

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Roush tune and Swithed to JDM tune with upgraded Throttle Body. Roush tune is to conservative.