What should I expect going from stock suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordraptorHero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What should I expect going from a completely stock truck with 2.5's needing of a rebuild to new fox 3.0s, + 2 proggresive rate springs, and a bump stop kit?

Is it worth the 7,000ish dollars? I've been looking for reviews everywhere of people going from stock to 3.0's. For those of you who have upgraded was it worth the money. How does it ride on the road (worse or better?)

D

Deleted member 12951

I haven't look lately but look in the Suspension section. You might not notice too much on road and I wouldn't spend that money for just a road ride. You will notice it when you take it off-road though. What you used to be able to run at 35mph and start getting banged around, you can now run it at 50-60mph for a whole new experience. When I upgraded the same guy went with me to TRR when it was stock (other than a bump stop) and then the next year with 3.0's and such, he said it felt like a whole different truck.

tec548

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3.0 is the way to go for sure. I have run this suspension for over 2 years with a good bit of moderately high speed off road. It's better on and off road. Take the time needed to set your valving for your driving style/conditions and it only gets better.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
id like to see someones thoughts on the 3.0 mixed with that front progressive spring rate on low perch.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3.0's on the road are amazing. Even more so off road. What's nice is that you can buy 3.0's that are fully adjustable by just turning a knob. Keep them nice and soft on road. Pull over and turn the knob, and bomb it off road. Frame protection/bump stop will keep your frame safe and eliminate those harsh frame smacks. The progressive rear springs, either +2 or +3, will make the biggest difference you will 'feel' on road. The stock springs are just junk compared to them. You are headed in the right direction. Let me know when you are ready to make the plunge, and we'll get you some great pricing.......

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id like to see someones thoughts on the 3.0 mixed with that front progressive spring rate on low perch.

Can you get progressive coils with 3.0's? I really like my Gieser Bros progressive coils on my stock shocks (mid perch), and if you can get them for 3.o's, That would be a great addition.

OP, Im running National SD rear leafs and would go with the Deaver HD's if I did it again, but they made a big difference off road. I may just add a leaf to them. Bottom line; if you have the coin, and do a lot of high speed off roading, its money well spent!

Fat Nelly

Banned
Reaction score
If you have it (7K+) spend the money. I did and the truck is 1000% better.

Stock setup the truck is a complete pile. Just my opinion of course but still a joke when it gets to dirt. Lets just say GOT BOUNCE???

I tried the geiser springs, mid perch, blah blah blah. All a waste of time and the truck was only slightly better with each attempt. Still a bouncing bronco...

After fox 3.0, camburg arms and SVC stage 4 this truck is now ready to battle Baja. Night and Day Difference.