What order of mods for desert running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do you need a rear frame reinforcement and a bump stop? or will just a bump stop work?

I have seen at least one company create a bump stop without a true frame support, but most are frame supports and then you choose to add the bump stops. I think a solid frame support is first priority, then bump stops.

OP
OP
Bilwil

Bilwil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I forgot to list that I already have done the mid-perch. Sounds like frame support / bump stops is next. I just looked at the SVC. I like the adjustability but had anyone run these yet? Is the frame support something I can install or do I need a shop for it?

Would you guys consider the bump stops something I should have before the Raptor Nationals run next weekend and then a day or VORE on Sunday? I can get the kit rushed here if it is a simple install

Thanks!

Bill

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Disclaimer - I have no first hand knowledge of the SVC frame support/bump stop setup.

It looks like their setup does not include a cross bar from one frame to the other. I believe these help to stabilize frame rails and prevent twisting under hard impacts. If they're cheaper, it might be an option that's a whole lot better than the factory setup.

Again, SVC might have a reason for their design that I'm not aware of. They have some exciting products and I've been looking at some of their options. The best thing you can do is talk to the vendor and ask your questions.

SVTBuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy and me installed both his Outlaw bump stop kit and my SDHQ bump stop kit in probably 4-5 hours total if I recall. They are both bolt on and certain parts may require a little persuasion with a mallet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
First and foremost, recovery gear and a fire extinguisher.

Everyone always wants the flashy stuff first, which does no good when you are in a pickle in an off-road predicament.