What is the narrowest usable garage door opening that will accommodate the Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poser999

Reaction score
I have a door opening of approx 92 inches. That may be wider than the truck, barely. I need to know if its wide enough to regularly park a Raptor in.

I think mirrors need to fold. But then how can I back out with the mirrors folded? I'd be doing it blind.

Anyone have experience parking in a tight garage with folded mirrors?

Last edited:

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in using mirrors and camera. Once your mirrors are about a foot or two away from garage just fold them in and lean out the window to watch the drivers side front wheel and the garage door tracks. I hug that side as close as possible since I cannot see the passenger side.

Works great. Advice- get a stubby antenna so you dont hear it smacking every time you pull in. It will freak you out like your hitting something expensive every time.

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a very narrow Garage door opening, I have to fold the mirrors in. They will pass but you have to have the truck perfect. I went to Wlmart and purchased two cheap dressing mirrors, (10 bucks or so each)the ones that are about 1.5 ft wide x 4 or 5 feet tall and mounted them on the end wall of my garage, they display exactly where the truck is at all times. It took 4 or 5 trys to get them mounted in the correct positions, but after mounting and a little practice, this is all I use. After hundreds of times in and out of the garage, I have never hit anything. Sorry I don't have a camera to send a photo. Just start by lining each mirror up using the trucks headlights, this will get you in the approxmate area, then it's just tweak from there. Hope this helps.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
that is a bit tight. mine is 96" and i am able to back in with only my driver mirror folded. i just hug the driver fender against one side, back up and then pull in my driver side. i just watch the passenger mirror, i usually have about 1" of space between the mirror and weather strip.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm good on width, but it's the length that's tight for me. The Scab was no problem, I could toss that bitch in sideways but damn the extra foot on the Screw really makes it an evolution.

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you need the mirrors to back out? If you made it in and do not touch the steering wheel the truck will follow the same line going out.

If that question is for me I back into my garage. There would be no way to drive in as with my mirrors folded there is still only about 3 inches of clearance between tire and side of garage door track on either side.

I'll have to take a video or something of me pulling in, its a bit of a science lol.

Jeff

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
If that question is for me I back into my garage. There would be no way to drive in as with my mirrors folded there is still only about 3 inches of clearance between tire and side of garage door track on either side.

I'll have to take a video or something of me pulling in, its a bit of a science lol.

Jeff

That was for the OP. If he pulls in straight and does not move the steering wheel he will back out just as straight not needing the mirrors.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i got a 2 car garage so width is fine..... its the 76" height thats my problem........

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have 8ft door and it does not work for me . To DAM close to repeat back in . Anybody ordering truck and have adoor about this size they should order the Lux package with auto fold mirrores , as it is awsome . I will use this staul occasionaly just not on regular basis.