What is this mystery knob on the 2015?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a knob below the 4wd selector

ZddXwK7.jpg

At first I thought it might be the trailer brake gain, but looking at this other pic, you can clearly see the trailer gain, but no other knob

f150%2520interior%252015.JPG

So what is the mystery knob?

Terrain select? Just moved the brake gain? sport vs eco mode?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think it may be a knob for the upgraded Trailer Towing option. Apparently it's some next-gen technology that goes above the regular trailer gain settings. Ford calls it Dynamic Hitch Assist. Just a guess.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i thought dynamic hitch assist was just showing blue lines for backing up to your hitch that project where you're going to line up, similar to how our front camera works.

maybe that knob is the new gear selector like Dodges, and the hand lever is just a hand rest only LOL. j/k obviously, but I was really surprised when I saw dodges really do only have a KNOB to change gears. The center console shifter is already pansy enough, a KNOB? What is it a minivan?! lol

I'm digressing, it may be a terrain selector. Our explorer sport has a similar knob with settings for mud, snow, gravel, etc. With the auto 4wd feature, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the knob was for selecting different modes.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My first thought about the hitch assist was the same as yours, but they're considering it an option so I was wondering of there was more to it. I think you're onto something with this terrain selector.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it's for polishing!

ok I think it is the terrain selector also. If it is indeed a selector it is not a nob but a dial.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it's a terrain selector, then why are there no symbols around it?

I believe the 4wd selector goes, 2H, 4A, 4H, and 4L.

2015-Ford-F-150-prototype-interior-big-screen.jpg

2015-ford-f-150-interior-nav-dashboard.jpg

Last edited: