what is a good trailer for pulling a raptor around

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FN-2187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FN2187,
Nice set up. I would advise you to put the Raptor on the trailer nose first, and try to center the truck over the trailer wheels. That way the trailer is carrying the load, and the goose neck will still be weighted properly. By backing it on the trailer the nose heavy Raptor needs to be backed up to the front of the trailer to try to get enough weight on the front of the gooseneck. While you may achieve balance, the rear bumper would be dangerously close to the gooseneck uprights and in emergency braking or stretching of the straps may sustain damage.
I had a 2 axle receiver hitched 20' flat bed initially and towed the PowerWagon back end forward until one trip the balance was off ...not backed far enough..2"...and the trailer started swerving back across 4 lanes on highway at 55 mph. One of the ramps broke the retaining pin in half and flew 300 yards off the highway. Luckily no accidents but I'm sure there were a dozen or so people including myself that needed to change their underwear! One of the 10,000 pound test straps snapped in two and the left front weal bounced off the deck and was rolling on the road on the rear right of the trailer while the passenger front wheel was still on deck. If not for lockouts being unlocked I might have *****'d the front end. To say I was shaken up was an understatement. A Michigan State trooper helped me unload the PowerWagon after I had recovered the ramp that flew off...(6' x 18 inch 1/4 inch steel...easily 60+ pounds). Drove it on nose first, and snugged it back down using the 5 remaining 10,000 test straps.
You can't be too careful!
Eddie

yea i wanted to put it front first but the spindle was snapped on the front passenger side so i couldn't get it safely over the fenders. it was barely able to get onto the trailer in reverse since it was losing traction

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20