What to do to my new toy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTXRaptor

Reaction score
Alright, so....I'm new to this forum, but I have my new baby. (or at least new to me). I bought a used 2011 Raptor with about 46k miles on it. Basically it's all stock, with the exception of some slightly larger tires on it. (Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain's) 325/70 r 17's to be exact. The truck I love, but unfortunately I have a complex that means I can't leave anything alone! So being new to these trucks, what do you guys recommend to do to these trucks? I have bought a 20" LED bar to go in the front bumper and new HID headlights, but to date, that's all. Seriously looking into the ADD front bumpers and maybe some new wheels and tires pretty soon, but am curious about performance and suspension upgrades as well. What do you guys recommend? I truly love this truck, but want to separate it from the 100+ of them that I see roaming the area I am in already. LOL! Let me hear your ideas!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check out the build threads. Lots of good ideas in there. I love my ADD race series r front bumper.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make sure you do what you want. Otherwise it will look like the +100 you see everyday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came with 37's? Nice, but I'd be sure to checkout the setup on how the previous owner did them. (OEM Shocks? If so are they low, mid, or high perch? Aftermarket fender flares? If not have they been rubbing? Etc...)

How do you plan on mainly using the truck? Moderate to heavy off-roading? Daily driver? Street Queen?

If you're doing any kind of off-roading I'd make sure those 37's weren't going to be an issue first. Talk to TMX (forum Vendor). They do a lot of proper 37" setups and could advise you better there.

At Top Perch and never leaving the road you're probably fine.

If you really want to set it apart, look into some custom vinyl graphics and/or a full wrap. Did this to mine within a few months of owning it and haven't regretted it yet!

The mod addiction only gets worse over time, and, unfortunately, there is no cure! Good luck and gratz on the new ride! :)

OP
OP
W

WTXRaptor

Reaction score
Came with 37's? Nice, but I'd be sure to checkout the setup on how the previous owner did them. (OEM Shocks? If so are they low, mid, or high perch? Aftermarket fender flares? If not have they been rubbing? Etc...)

How do you plan on mainly using the truck? Moderate to heavy off-roading? Daily driver? Street Queen?

If you're doing any kind of off-roading I'd make sure those 37's weren't going to be an issue first. Talk to TMX (forum Vendor). They do a lot of proper 37" setups and could advise you better there.

At Top Perch and never leaving the road you're probably fine.

If you really want to set it apart, look into some custom vinyl graphics and/or a full wrap. Did this to mine within a few months of owning it and haven't regretted it yet!

The mod addiction only gets worse over time, and, unfortunately, there is no cure! Good luck and gratz on the new ride! :)

Not sure how the previous owner used it, but my guess, from some common sense signs, is that they weren't super tame to it. I'm betting it was a work truck of some type, but the truck seems to be in good mechanical state. As far as the suspension, I had it moved to the mid perch due to the rubbing, and it does still rub a bit from time to time. I mainly use it as a daily driver but do want to be able to take it offroad to have a bit of fun if the moment arises. The area I live in, (Lubbock, Tx), is not exactly conducive to major offroading, but hey, I don't mind driving somewhere to have some fun! The lights was the most obvious thing I had to change. The factory headlights SUCK!! I keep seeing people doing an upgrade on the suspension. Is it really a huge improvement over stock? Definitely am looking into some of the vinyl graphics kits, so that is probably going to be pretty soon.