what do i need to do some raptor runs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Looks like McDowell is using my ball joke as his signature. Nice!
:nutkick:

Last edited by a moderator:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
McDowell you related to some in independence KS?

As far as stuff to get... Bump stop and lights number one. Get something that has some actually shocks not just a plate. Then its really needs. Like people have said a good driver can do wonders in a stock raptor.

OP
OP
McDowell

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
McDowell you related to some in independence KS?

As far as stuff to get... Bump stop and lights number one. Get something that has some actually shocks not just a plate. Then its really needs. Like people have said a good driver can do wonders in a stock raptor.

to tell the truth i have family members i dont know all over the place its a possibility but ill say no for now sir.

but as far as the bump stops i have been looking at them but i dont know which one i want. i have looked at the rpg and the add they are both about the same price and both have the option to get king or fox but im not so sure yet :hmmm2:

what are the actual performance differences in fox and king and which frame and bump stop kits are a lot of the guys running i see a lot of people talk about the rpg but the add has the whole frame gusset kit.

so many decisions?!

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
to tell the truth i have family members i dont know all over the place its a possibility but ill say no for now sir.

but as far as the bump stops i have been looking at them but i dont know which one i want. i have looked at the rpg and the add they are both about the same price and both have the option to get king or fox but im not so sure yet :hmmm2:

what are the actual performance differences in fox and king and which frame and bump stop kits are a lot of the guys running i see a lot of people talk about the rpg but the add has the whole frame gusset kit.

so many decisions?!

Personal preference.

As for what you need todo to your truck to goto raptor runs. If you come to TRR, I require very few things. Helmets. First aid. Fire extinguisher. Nothing I require is a truck modification.

I drove my raptor over 6000 miles on a trip to the tip of the Baja peninsula and back to Texas bone stock except the middle perch mod. The truck performed flawlessly and did so the next two times I took it down there on similar trips. As stated above. You yourself control how many mods you need. Drive smart. Drive knowing that it's a production truck that has less in common with a trophy truck than it does with a semi truck.

Lots of guys come to TRR bone stock. And I bet that they're having just as much fun as the heavily modded guys.

OP
OP
McDowell

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personal preference.

As for what you need todo to your truck to goto raptor runs. If you come to TRR, I require very few things. Helmets. First aid. Fire extinguisher. Nothing I require is a truck modification.

I drove my raptor over 6000 miles on a trip to the tip of the Baja peninsula and back to Texas bone stock except the middle perch mod. The truck performed flawlessly and did so the next two times I took it down there on similar trips. As stated above. You yourself control how many mods you need. Drive smart. Drive knowing that it's a production truck that has less in common with a trophy truck than it does with a semi truck.

Lots of guys come to TRR bone stock. And I bet that they're having just as much fun as the heavily modded guys.

alright man thank you!

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
i live in oklahoma and havent really seen anything about any around here so i am wanting to know where the closest place to do some are?
You can make the Texas Raptor Run in April. I know there are some other folks driving down from Oklahoma.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f113/texas-raptor-run-trr14-april-10-13-2014-a-28669/
Also, what equipment should i get before trying to do these? i dont want to be some guy that shows up unprepared and not knowing what im doing.

Here is what is required for the TRR events:
Required gear:
1. DOT Approved Helmet.
2. First aid kit.
3. Fire extinguisher.
4. Tow strap
5. Minimum of 1 qt of the following.
Engine Oil
ATF for powersteering
6. Method to secure everything in your bed

A lot of what these other guys are listing are nice to have, but this is all that is required. Any run can be done with a stock truck - if you are new to this type of off-roading, just take your time and don't exceed your abilities.

OP
OP
McDowell

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can make the Texas Raptor Run in April. I know there are some other folks driving down from Oklahoma.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f113/texas-raptor-run-trr14-april-10-13-2014-a-28669/

Here is what is required for the TRR events:
Required gear:
1. DOT Approved Helmet.
2. First aid kit.
3. Fire extinguisher.
4. Tow strap
5. Minimum of 1 qt of the following.
Engine Oil
ATF for powersteering
6. Method to secure everything in your bed

A lot of what these other guys are listing are nice to have, but this is all that is required. Any run can be done with a stock truck - if you are new to this type of off-roading, just take your time and don't exceed your abilities.

Thanks!

OP
OP
McDowell

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well guys i got tired of the salesman i was dealing with and a used 2013 special edition raptor happen to come in yesterday so i went up there and bought it from a different salesman hahahaha don't be a ***** right?! so i now own a 2013 special edition black raptor