What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finished up my rear bumper last night. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Now I just need to get my tire rack done before this weekends Vegas Night Run!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 82

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still accumulating parts/toys while waiting for the truck to be built/delivered. A few of the recent acquisitions:

Magnaflow catback:

MAG_Picture.jpg

Wyeth-Scott "More Power Puller"(model# 3-35-A-SLT w/ the Amsteel blue synthetic rope, rated @ 12,000 lbs drag/pull capacity via a double line pull). Saw someone else on this board post a link/review about this puller and it was simply badass.

FWIW - After some comparison shopping online I found the best price at a site called "tree stuff" and they even offered a 5% discount code on their own website. Believe the grand total (w/ free S&H) was just a hair over $265 or so.

Manufacturer's info page: The Wyeth-Scott Co. Established 1906

MorePowerPullerPicture001.jpg

Also, while examining the aFe cold air intake, I noticed some small pieces of metal in the interior of the large pipe/intake tract that could be problematic. The first spot (where the "bend" is located) on the large pipe contained a couple of rough "burrs" of metal that were loose. A gentle push with my fingertip knocked them out.

A couple of shards of metal were also observed on the inside of the pipe underneath where the "aFe" nameplate/ logo is attached. These were equally tiny pieces and they surrounded the rivets/screws. It looks like the rivets or screws they used were responsible for creating these tiny "flecks" of loose metal once they attached the nameplate/logo to the pipe.

Now, this isn't a bash against aFe (or any other manufacturer that chooses to run a metal tube w/ welds, rivets, etc) but users might want to inspect the tubing prior to assembly and ensure the intake tract is free of debris and clean. I wouldn't want those small metal pieces getting sucked into the engine. YMMV

aFe_Tube_Picture007.jpg

aFe_Tube_Inside_Picture006.jpg

Slag2Picture012.jpg

Slag1Picture011.jpg

Last edited: