What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jigks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one @Yukon Joe.
94249a744b5ca99d6de235428c461a66.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Hey @Fb73. Couple more photos of the compressor mounting.
8ceeeec77ac9a3b5735add5037c0e27d.jpg

032578f018f440638f5742bf75fabb38.jpg

Basically, I had a stainless steel plate off cut from work (essentially conveyor skirt wear liner mounts) which had countersunk bolts. I matched it with existing holes on the bumper mount, trimmed the plate to suit and mounted the compressor on that. So essentially the plate is mounted with two M12 screws. So no Raptor parts were harmed in the mounting of this compressor!

Last edited:

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jigks thank you for the pics, I will surely go the same way than you for my mount...The location fits perfectly the needs...

You said you wired it to Aux switch #4, that switch is on a 10A fuse line if i'm right, I would believe this is not enough for such a big compressor (?)

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Jigks thank you for the pics, I will surely go the same way than you for my mount...The location fits perfectly the needs...

You said you wired it to Aux switch #4, that switch is on a 10A fuse line if i'm right, I would believe this is not enough for such a big compressor (?)

Pretty sure the switch 4 is just to throw the relay and he has it directly wired to the battery

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I got a new windshield!

A small little star from a rock appeared in the upper right part of the windshield. It was in the black part of the glass. The tech was very nervous about doing the work and said several times he wasn't sure it could be fixed.

There was not much that could be done. Either it would be fixed or not. The repair was done and it looked good. My Raptor sat for a week in our garage while I was out of town and when I pulled it out there was a 8" crack going down the window :(

I didn't even drive the Raptor and it still cracked!!!

So a new OEM Ford windshield was installed. Safelite AutoGlass came to my workplace and did the work in our storage garage. I had to pay the $250 deductible.

Attachments

• IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Jigks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct it is directly wired to the battery and the cable has inline fuses. So the 10A is plenty to just switch the relay for the compressor.

Happy holidays everyone!