What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Setup Jigks, I will be buying the same ARB compressor soon and was wondering where I could mount it easily in a safe spot, can you give us more infos about your setup ?

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called Vortex, (they are Vortex flaps by the way @07Alloy). The guy had me take a picture of the broken flap and send him a picture or pdf of the receipt. Within 10 minutes of sending that email, I received a note stating "Thanks for the clear pictures, 2 new flaps are headed your way. Should be at your house in 3-4 days. Sorry for the inconvenience."

That was the first Vortex I broke, hopefully it doesn't become a habit. Whatever I hit however, took out the Wrangler Duratrac for good (that had less than 500 miles on it) and bent the exhaust tip. I cannot blame the flap for cracking when something of that magnitude hits it at who knows how fast I was going...

New Duratrac will be at the dealer tomorrow (There is no shortage of Duratrac's in our size in this part of the country).

Jigks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do @Fb73 . Pics will send in the next few days. Basically my agenda was to not drill or cut into the truck at all and use existing holes etc. The wiring also worked out well in that location as it was close to the battery and I used up fitter switch 4 to turn on. I may also plumb in an extra outlet out the back in due course.
I may only ever need to move it if I add a winch to the standard bumper unless I get an aftermarket one.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
drove it too much....
Over drove your truck again? Lol...

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

TRAIN HORNS!!! Thanks to Hornblasters.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=801448

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Will do @Fb73 . Pics will send in the next few days. Basically my agenda was to not drill or cut into the truck at all and use existing holes etc. The wiring also worked out well in that location as it was close to the battery and I used up fitter switch 4 to turn on. I may also plumb in an extra outlet out the back in due course.
I may only ever need to move it if I add a winch to the standard bumper unless I get an aftermarket one.
No need to plumb air to the rear of you get a 20' coiled air hose. The viair ones are nice.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

TRAIN HORNS!!! Thanks to Hornblasters.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=801448

Jigks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True that @Yukon Joe. I was thinking only if I needed to have air back towards a trailer or something. Regarding train Horns, what is that wire that terminates to a plug just near the original horns? Is it connected to the horn button as well?