What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting stop tech cryo treated slotted rear rotors and hawk pads. Original oem brakes made a lot of noise. They were cut by ford around 15k miles back prior to me buying the truck and they look glazed already.
View attachment 90389

View attachment 90390

View attachment 90391

View attachment 90392
You will like those....I had those on a couple of my previous vehicles and they worked really nice... I originally added them to eliminate the warping of the OEM rotors that I had on my wife's Mazda cx-9... then I added them to my Avalanche with some stainless steel brake lines and it gave me better braking response

GMAN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will like those....I had those on a couple of my previous vehicles and they worked really nice... I originally added them to eliminate the warping of the OEM rotors that I had on my wife's Mazda cx-9... then I added them to my Avalanche with some stainless steel brake lines and it gave me better braking response

GMAN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I already love them. Had fronts done a couple weeks ago with steel brakes lines and finally the rears. Now it does not feel like you are stepping into dog shit when you apply brakes.

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the Sync 2 unit and installed the Sync 3. Can't figure out how to make the pics normal.

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89929&d=1498702248

attachment.php

please forgive me, but how did you go about doing this? id like to do this, just don't know how..

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please forgive me, but how did you go about doing this? id like to do this, just don't know how..

Check out the GEN1 Interior Modification subform. There is a thread on going from Sync 2 to Sync 3. www.4dtech.com was where I bought the head unit. Their website has instructions on how to do the switch with a couple of changes I wrote about in the thread. Good luck.

Reaction score
50" Rigid E series install

So I got to workin and the wife and daylight called it a night mid project, but wired and set up my 50" rigid using the relay wiring it come with. Under the passenger glove box does not like big hands in it! Mine are torn up! Finished pics to follow

Attachments

• IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well last night I put on two new idler pulleys and a new belt tensioner and a fresh gates serpentine belt. My old Betsy has 74k miles on her and I figured why not give her that lil bit of TLC.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I got to workin and the wife and daylight called it a night mid project, but wired and set up my 50" rigid using the relay wiring it come with. Under the passenger glove box does not like big hands in it! Mine are torn up! Finished pics to follow

Nice, I think the one "mod" I hated the most was connecting the upfitters wires behind the glove box, glad I soldered them so I don't have to do that again!!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well last night I put on two new idler pulleys and a new belt tensioner and a fresh gates serpentine belt. My old Betsy has 74k miles on her and I figured why not give her that lil bit of TLC.

Just curious regarding the pullleys replacement does not seem like a lot of miles on the truck to do it....

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna hit 75000 miles soon on my 2012. I'm a overkill kinda person. I figure it's cheap and easy to do. One more maintenance item done. Even if it's early.