What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look on Facebook, Aftermarket headquarters in Las Vegas just posted a video of a rebuild @ 26k or so. Fluid was toast. Raptor Offroad community out of NorCal has an exchange program. Plenty of people on the east coast depending on where you are. Search on here or ask on the ford raptor Facebook page for east coast contacts. Rory Koehler on Facebook I believe is a name of a rebuilder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in Oklahoma. I've requested to be a member on the FRF Facebook group, but nobody will approve my request. It's been a couple of weeks.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! So, these things need to be rebuilt every 20k miles or so? That's crazy. How much does it cost?

Depends on usage but somewhere between 25 and 50k miles. The website I dropped is some local guys that are on the forum and are a Fox dealer and offer a loaner program if you can't be down for a period of time also. They have a DIY posted here also.

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do not off road the truck then 50-60k miles. Do not go too crazy about it.

About what does it cost?

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Depends on usage but somewhere between 25 and 50k miles. The website I dropped is some local guys that are on the forum and are a Fox dealer and offer a loaner program if you can't be down for a period of time also. They have a DIY posted here also.

Looks like it'll be time to trade in at about 49k! Hope the 2018 with the V8 is out by then![emoji12]

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
About what does it cost?

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Looks like it'll be time to trade in at about 49k! Hope the 2018 with the V8 is out by then![emoji12]

Don t be a nervous Nelly. No need to trade this beast at 49k miles. There are guys getting the shocks done at 80 to 90 k miles. All depends on how its used. Call the link above, the rebuilders site, Paul will explain everything to you. When all said and done not bad at all, way cheaper than buying new.
I am doing this this year, but I am not in a particular hurry, my truck has 57176k miles as of this morning

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don t be a nervous Nelly. No need to trade this beast at 49k miles. There are guys getting the shocks done at 80 to 90 k miles. All depends on how its used. Call the link above, the rebuilders site, Paul will explain everything to you. When all said and done not bad at all, way cheaper than buying new.
I am doing this this year, but I am not in a particular hurry, my truck has 57176k miles as of this morning

57176000....wow that's a new mileage record! Lol

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! So, these things need to be rebuilt every 20k miles or so? That's crazy. How much does it cost?

So I just got a call from Paul (shock rebuilders). Mind you, I have been on the list since beginning of December...Have a set on its way. According to Paul these shocks were in excellent condition. They are coming Mid perched(like my old ones) with a couple of upgrades above the factory grade. Total $1200. Includes shipping both ways. That's with a $500 core credit, unless the shocks that you send back are completely rusted, and broken up. So figure you get back $500 or worst case scenario a few dollars less. Still A SUPER deal. The truck should ride better when it was sold new. HOpe that helps.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

57176000....wow that's a new mileage record! Lol

Damn that's the Russian intervention, I really did not mean it.